Hot List 2012: Television Winners
Hottest Network for Comedy
From a creative standpoint, FX boasts arguably the strongest comedy lineup in recent memory, with scripted gutbusters like Louie, Archer, The League and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia bringing laughs alongside the recently renewed variety offerings BrandX With Russell Brand and Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell. If FX gained notoriety with its slate of original punch-a-guy-in-the-face-first-and-ask-questions-later series (The Shield, Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy, Justified), the giddy lunacy of The League and Archer help make the argument that FX is perhaps the most well-rounded network on cable, if not all of television. And media buyers have taken notice.
- Why Instagram Ads Could be Huge for Facebook's Mobile Empire
- Ad of the Day: Jude Law Dances for Johnnie Walker Blue in Jake Scott's Short Film
- Agency Tries to Make an Ad That's All but Unskippable as YouTube Preroll
- Where Is Social Headed Next? Hundreds of Marketers Joined #AdweekChat to Weigh In
- We Asked Agencies to Share Their Oddest Decorations, and They Did Not Disappoint