Hot List 2012: Television Winners
Executive of the Year
AMC’s zombie-apocalypse drama The Walking Dead, being the Little Engine That Could Eat Your Brains, initially had media buyers heading for the hills. But eyeballs are everything—even when they’re being gouged out. The Walking Dead lags only NFL broadcasts in the dollar demo. Scatter rates for a :30 spot near a whopping $400,000, putting most broadcast series to shame. If all that weren’t reason enough to crown Collier king of the tube, he also has Mad Men and Breaking Bad in his portfolio.
- Vince Vaughn and Co-stars Pose for Idiotic Stock Photos You Can Have for Free
- Ad of the Day: Geico Makes Clever Preroll Ads That Are Basically Unskippable
- Why So Many People Are Suddenly Wearing $600 Canada Goose Coats
- Here's What Would Happen If Ad Agencies Hired Drones as Employees
- Ad of the Day: This Beautiful Ad Council PSA Reminds Us We're All Human Underneath