Hot List 2012: Television Winners
Executive of the Year
AMC’s zombie-apocalypse drama The Walking Dead, being the Little Engine That Could Eat Your Brains, initially had media buyers heading for the hills. But eyeballs are everything—even when they’re being gouged out. The Walking Dead lags only NFL broadcasts in the dollar demo. Scatter rates for a :30 spot near a whopping $400,000, putting most broadcast series to shame. If all that weren’t reason enough to crown Collier king of the tube, he also has Mad Men and Breaking Bad in his portfolio.
- Verizon Has Reportedly Bought Yahoo for $4.8 Billion
- Domino's Apologizes for Years of Totally Overcharging You for Pizza on the Weekend
- 9 Digital Marketing Stats That Got Our Attention This Week
- This Agency's Weird, Fascinating Model Imagines If Humans Evolved to Survive Car Crashes
- Jon Stewart Takes Down Roger Ailes and Donald Trump in His First Daily Show-Style Rant in 11 Months