Hot List 2012: Television Winners
Executive of the Year
AMC’s zombie-apocalypse drama The Walking Dead, being the Little Engine That Could Eat Your Brains, initially had media buyers heading for the hills. But eyeballs are everything—even when they’re being gouged out. The Walking Dead lags only NFL broadcasts in the dollar demo. Scatter rates for a :30 spot near a whopping $400,000, putting most broadcast series to shame. If all that weren’t reason enough to crown Collier king of the tube, he also has Mad Men and Breaking Bad in his portfolio.
- These Are the Digital Trends Everyone in Tech and Advertising Needs to Know
- Vilified World Cup Brands Should Wonder if FIFA Sponsorship Is Worth the Trouble
- Ad of the Day: Scrabble Tells a Delightful Love Story Entirely in Anagrams
- Ad of the Day: Aaron Paul Guns It in Mazda's Time-Traveling New Spot
- Here Are the Top 100 Brands in the World