Hot List 2012: Television Winners
Best Reason to Watch TV Now
While it shares the dimensions of a standard sitcom, Louis C.K.’s idiosyncratic FX series is almost impossible to classify. A profoundly human meditation on what it’s like to be a sentient being in post-everything America—call it Portrait of the Artist as an Effed-Up Man—Louie may not be everyone’s cup of chamomile. But besides transforming what it means to make great comedy, the show is also turning the business model on its head. Foregoing the seven-figure budget of the average network sitcom in exchange for complete creative control, Louis C.K. has created what is essentially the first artisanal television program.
The Walking Dead
- Senior Account Executive/Account Manager Moxie Communications Group New York City, New York
- Community Manager Clique Media Group Los Angeles, California
- Interactive Designer Interactive One New York City, New York (US)
- Social Media Manager Westfield Century City, CA
- Digital Project Manager Interactive One New York City, New York
- Why Ads Go Viral, and What Made Apple's 'Taylor vs. Treadmill' the Perfect Viral Spot
- Moms From This N.Y. Agency Offer Hilarious Advice to Their Kids in New Outdoor Campaign
- How JetBlue Achieved the Impossible: Getting Passengers to Love It When Babies Cry
- Ad of the Day: Amid Chaos, Cisco Says 'There's Never Been a Better Time'
- A Man Comes Back to Life, Almost Literally, in Duracell's Beautiful Ad About Hearing Loss