The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
Zynga Acquires, Then Implodes
Zynga would probably prefer 2012 never happened. The social gaming company cruised into the new year riding the high of its recent IPO, a high it should've come down from before dropping upward of $180 million on social game developer OMGPOP in March. That company's crown jewel title Draw Something proceeded to lose users about as quickly as Zynga lost shareholders. Several executive departures, an $85 million to $95 million write-down of the OMGPOP deal and a couple of underperforming quarters later, Zynga is staring into 2013 and hoping the Mayans were right.
- Justine Sacco Fired by IAC for 'Hope I Don't Get AIDS' Tweet
- IAC's PR Chief Apparently Tweeted a Bizarrely Tasteless Joke About AIDS and Africa
- Jesus, Gandhi and Mother Teresa Stump for Unicef in Extremely Virtuous Holiday Ads
- Mock Commercial for Beans Is Better Than Almost Any Real Commercial for Anything
- Print Ad for Moto X Lets You Change the Phone's Color With the Push of a Button