The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
Zynga Acquires, Then Implodes
Zynga would probably prefer 2012 never happened. The social gaming company cruised into the new year riding the high of its recent IPO, a high it should've come down from before dropping upward of $180 million on social game developer OMGPOP in March. That company's crown jewel title Draw Something proceeded to lose users about as quickly as Zynga lost shareholders. Several executive departures, an $85 million to $95 million write-down of the OMGPOP deal and a couple of underperforming quarters later, Zynga is staring into 2013 and hoping the Mayans were right.
- 5 Social Media Hacks Every Marketer Should Know
- Totino's Pizza Made 50 Ridiculous Ads Using the World's Worst Stock Photos
- Agency Wants Its Next Art Director to Be Cool, So the Interview Will Be Over Two Days in Vegas
- Dads With Daughters Will Love This Christmas Ad from Dick's Sporting Goods
- The 20 Most Viral Ads of 2014