The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
Zynga Acquires, Then Implodes
Zynga would probably prefer 2012 never happened. The social gaming company cruised into the new year riding the high of its recent IPO, a high it should've come down from before dropping upward of $180 million on social game developer OMGPOP in March. That company's crown jewel title Draw Something proceeded to lose users about as quickly as Zynga lost shareholders. Several executive departures, an $85 million to $95 million write-down of the OMGPOP deal and a couple of underperforming quarters later, Zynga is staring into 2013 and hoping the Mayans were right.
- The 10 Most Viral Ads of 2014 (So Far)
- Thailand Does It Again With an Ad That Will Leave You Bawling Like This Baby
- Ad of the Day: This Rube Goldberg Device Promotes a Video Game by Bringing It to Life
- Ad of the Day: Guinness Has Made the Only Ad You Need to See This Fourth of July
- Even If You Hate Greenpeace and Love Lego, You Have to Admire This Gorgeous Attack Ad