The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
Zynga Acquires, Then Implodes
Zynga would probably prefer 2012 never happened. The social gaming company cruised into the new year riding the high of its recent IPO, a high it should've come down from before dropping upward of $180 million on social game developer OMGPOP in March. That company's crown jewel title Draw Something proceeded to lose users about as quickly as Zynga lost shareholders. Several executive departures, an $85 million to $95 million write-down of the OMGPOP deal and a couple of underperforming quarters later, Zynga is staring into 2013 and hoping the Mayans were right.
- Leave It to a Laxative Brand to Make the Year's Most Uncomfortable Ad
- Japanese Toyota Ad With Dancing Gorilla Is So Preposterous, It's Actually Great
- Expedia Travels Back in Time to Recreate Your Best Throwback Thursday Photos
- Ad of the Day: Every Wave Is Your First in Samsung's Lovely Celebration of Surfing
- Samsung’s Secret to Viral Videos: Load Up on Celebrity Endorsements