We Took a Bunch of SXSW Geeks on a Field TripAnd took photos
Austin Is Music
Catching the spirit at Stubb’s, home of the famous Gospel Brunch and venue for acts like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. Photo by Alfred Maskeroni; Styling: Carol Wells; Assistant: Deleigh Hermes; Reporting: Danielle Marshall
(From l. to r.)
Chris Gokiert President, Critical Mass. Was most excited about 3-D printing and advances in Leap Motion technology. “If you are a startup, this is where you want to be.”
Sarah Reinertsen Author, Paralympian. SXSW Interactive “is like TED for hipsters.”
Michael Schaubach Postproduction director, CollegeHumor.com. As for the SXSW trend he wanted to learn more about, the funny man has social-video app Vine on his mind.
Bob Mohler SVP, digital media, Warner Bros. Television Group/ Telepictures. “The people who attend [SXSW] have become more savvy. It’s not as geeky as it used to be.”
Hiram Norman VP, digital media production and design, Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing. “My favorite aspect of the conference is getting the opportunity to talk with young problem solvers.”
- Infographic: The Ideal Length of Everything Online, From Tweets to YouTube Videos
- Sony Advertises Its 'Most Beautiful' TV Picture With One of Its Most Beautiful Ads Ever
- Organic Food Snobs Are Unknowingly Fed McDonald's, and They're Lovin' It
- Air New Zealand Gets More Epic Than Ever With Its Newest Middle-Earth Safety Video
- Everything You Hate About Advertising Comes to Video With the Onion-Like 'Advertising Insider!'