We Took a Bunch of SXSW Geeks on a Field TripAnd took photos
Austin Is Music
Catching the spirit at Stubb’s, home of the famous Gospel Brunch and venue for acts like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. Photo by Alfred Maskeroni; Styling: Carol Wells; Assistant: Deleigh Hermes; Reporting: Danielle Marshall
(From l. to r.)
Chris Gokiert President, Critical Mass. Was most excited about 3-D printing and advances in Leap Motion technology. “If you are a startup, this is where you want to be.”
Sarah Reinertsen Author, Paralympian. SXSW Interactive “is like TED for hipsters.”
Michael Schaubach Postproduction director, CollegeHumor.com. As for the SXSW trend he wanted to learn more about, the funny man has social-video app Vine on his mind.
Bob Mohler SVP, digital media, Warner Bros. Television Group/ Telepictures. “The people who attend [SXSW] have become more savvy. It’s not as geeky as it used to be.”
Hiram Norman VP, digital media production and design, Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing. “My favorite aspect of the conference is getting the opportunity to talk with young problem solvers.”
- Audience Development Analyst WNET New York Public Media 10019, New York City
- SEO/Editorial Freelancer New Hope Media LLC New York City, New York
- Account Director Happy Medium Working from home
- Social Media Strategist Oceana Washington, D.C.
- Audience Development Manager LADDERS New York City, New York
- White House Website Scrubbed of LGBT, Climate Change, Healthcare and Civil Rights Mentions
- This Nut Brand Bought the Bluntest Front-Page Ad Reacting to Trump's Inauguration
- Trump's First Twitter Background Image for @POTUS Was From Obama's '09 Inauguration
- Expedia Shares a Powerful Message of Global Togetherness Amid a Divisive Inauguration
- Is Netflix Trolling Trump With Today's Grim Teaser for House of Cards?