We Took a Bunch of SXSW Geeks on a Field TripAnd took photos
- 1 of 3
Austin Is BBQ
Scenes from a SXSW pigfest at rib joint Green Mesquite, ‘horrifying vegetarians since 1988.’ Photo by Alfred Maskeroni; Styling: Carol Wells; Assistant: Deleigh Hermes; Reporting: Danielle Marshall
(From l. to r.)
Seth Priebatsch CEO, LevelUp. “If cashiers are wearing Google Glass, the entire checkout process will be revolutionized.”
Nev Schulman Host, MTV’s Catfish. “I am the lamest app user. The only apps on my home screen are ones for weather, maps and a camera.”
Jaime Woo Writer, filmmaker, game designer. Made his first SXSW appearance to sign copies of his new book, Meet Grindr: How One App Changed How We Connect.
Winston Binch Partner, chief digital officer, Deutsch LA. “The music was the best part of South by Southwest. I am looking forward to seeing Jane’s Addiction perform.”
Conor Brady Global creative director, Huge. “I am rarely inspired by digital, so this year I checked out more documentaries and films as well as the gaming stream, which was really cool.”
- Snapchat Persuades Brands to Go Vertical With Their Video
- Text Like a Creative Superstar With These Advertising Emojis
- Why Derek Jeter Traded Pinstripes for Publishing With The Players' Tribune
- Here's AOL's Playbook for Becoming a Sports Content Leader, but Is It a Winning Strategy?
- These New Orleans Tourism Ads Are Good Fun, but It's the Voiceover That's Really Clever