Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Executive of the Year
This is the year Dick Costolo killed the “Fail Whale.” The symbol of Twitter outages was MIA when the social net could well have been KO’d: New Year’s Eve, the Super Bowl, election night. Instead, on each occasion, Twitter handled a crazy volume of tweets (327,452 per minute on election night) and turned those tent-pole events into company milestones. (Twitter now boasts a half-billion accounts.) Costolo brushes off the notion that his is a media company—this, though he seems to have built one on the backs of other media players, and done so in a way that attracts partnerships with those would-be rivals. Deftly done, Dick.
- Video Producer-Politics Washington Post Washington, DC
- Digital Marketing Trainee (Santa Monica OR NYC) Resolute Digital LLC (Chelsea & Santa Monica) Santa Monica, CA
- Advertising Operations Manager TV Guide Magazine New York, NY
- VP, Group Account Director Pace Communications Greensboro, NC
- Art Director Mullen Winston Salem, NC
- Ad of the Day: Leica Recreates 35 Famous Photos to Celebrate a Century of Photography
- Citizen Flies Westward, Chasing an Endless Sunset, in Global Campaign From W+K
- Can Mobile Rule the Ad World?
- Brand of the Day: How Target Deftly Handles Complaints on Facebook
- I Ate Taco Bell's Entire New Dollar Menu in One Sitting, and Here's What I Learned