Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Executive of the Year
This is the year Dick Costolo killed the “Fail Whale.” The symbol of Twitter outages was MIA when the social net could well have been KO’d: New Year’s Eve, the Super Bowl, election night. Instead, on each occasion, Twitter handled a crazy volume of tweets (327,452 per minute on election night) and turned those tent-pole events into company milestones. (Twitter now boasts a half-billion accounts.) Costolo brushes off the notion that his is a media company—this, though he seems to have built one on the backs of other media players, and done so in a way that attracts partnerships with those would-be rivals. Deftly done, Dick.
- Content and PR Internship Luxury Brand Partners / Oribe Hair Care New York, NY
- Coordinator, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network New York, NY
- Senior Editor The Fiscal Times New York, NY
- Account Executive FCB West San Francisco, CA
- Digital Editor Washington Examiner Washington, DC
- Star Wars Shut Down This Facebook Commenter Who Wants Female Armor to Look More Ladylike
- Can Ashley Madison Cheat Death?
- Norm Macdonald Is Now Hosting 15-Second 'Fryerside Chats' as KFC's Colonel Sanders
- Xerox Is Just as Tired of Tech Jargon as You Are
- Jack in the Box Has Dropped the Ad Agency Created to Run Its Account