Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Executive of the Year
This is the year Dick Costolo killed the “Fail Whale.” The symbol of Twitter outages was MIA when the social net could well have been KO’d: New Year’s Eve, the Super Bowl, election night. Instead, on each occasion, Twitter handled a crazy volume of tweets (327,452 per minute on election night) and turned those tent-pole events into company milestones. (Twitter now boasts a half-billion accounts.) Costolo brushes off the notion that his is a media company—this, though he seems to have built one on the backs of other media players, and done so in a way that attracts partnerships with those would-be rivals. Deftly done, Dick.
- Writer/Reporter - freelance Hughes Hubbard & Reed Battery Park, New York, New York
- Media Relations Senior Associate Rocky Mountain Institute New York City, New York (US)
- Communications Associate American National Standards Institute Midtown Manhattan
- Digital Sales Team Leader BridgeTower Media St. Louis, MO and Richmond, VA
- Manager, Book Publishing Society for Human Resource Management Alexandria, Virginia
- Thanks to Google, You Can Now Take a VR Tour of New York's Holiday Window Displays
- Can You Figure Out the Mystery Inside This Remarkable Ad About High School Love?
- The 10 Most Watched Ads on YouTube in 2016
- Ad of the Day: Ronda Rousey Shows 'Strong is Beautiful' in This New Pantene Campaign
- Here Are 5 Hot Cultural Trends That Marketers Need to Know for 2017