Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Editor of the Year
Last year, when the former music producer turned Engadget editor parted ways with AOL after butting heads with management, few would have believed Joshua Topolsky would within months come to lead the most dynamic new tech-news outlet. Topolsky and members of his Engadget crew joined forces at Vox (which already published the sports site SB Nation), launching The Verge a year ago to rave reviews. With an obsessive work ethic and a tightly knit team, Topolsky has grown a deeply dedicated audience (2 million unique visitors on iPhone 5’s launch date alone) and has helped produce some of the most compelling and visually arresting journalism in the tech space‚ or any space.
- Jesus, Gandhi and Mother Teresa Stump for Unicef in Extremely Virtuous Holiday Ads
- Mock Commercial for Beans Is Better Than Almost Any Real Commercial for Anything
- As Social Sponsorship Grows, Influencers Are Looking to Cash In
- Ad of the Day: Apple Ends the Year on a High Note With Delightful Holiday Spot
- Man Dresses Up Like Local Realtors and Plasters His Face on Their Ads