Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Editor of the Year
Last year, when the former music producer turned Engadget editor parted ways with AOL after butting heads with management, few would have believed Joshua Topolsky would within months come to lead the most dynamic new tech-news outlet. Topolsky and members of his Engadget crew joined forces at Vox (which already published the sports site SB Nation), launching The Verge a year ago to rave reviews. With an obsessive work ethic and a tightly knit team, Topolsky has grown a deeply dedicated audience (2 million unique visitors on iPhone 5’s launch date alone) and has helped produce some of the most compelling and visually arresting journalism in the tech space‚ or any space.
- I Ate Taco Bell's Entire New Dollar Menu in One Sitting, and Here's What I Learned
- From Birthday Suit to Lawsuit
- Ad of the Day: Peyton Manning and Cam Newton Prank Store Customers for Gatorade
- Meet the Hero Designer Who Publicly Shamed Showtime for Asking Him to Work for Free
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Aug. 15-22