Adweek's Cyber Monday ReviewWith billions to be made/spent, here's what happened today on the Web
Social Media Reacts to Cyber Monday
Every retailer around went to social media this morning to broadcast its specific Cyber Monday deal of the day. It's safe to say that on the Web's biggest retail day of the year, Twitter has pretty much become the newspaper circular of the 21st century with companies like Verizon Wireless vying for and purchasing the nationwide "Cyber Monday" Promoted Trend today—which costs $120,000 per day. But it appears not everyone is thrilled with Cyber Monday's media blitz. A pretty heavy contingent of disgruntled Web denizens took to Twitter to complain about the frantic emails from retailers like Amazon, who've inundated inboxes with pleas to spend, spend, spend.
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- The CW's New Shows, From Best to ... Second Best
- Guinness Takes You Inside Its Storied Dublin Brewery in Almost Mystical New Ad
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Sept. 12-19
- ABC's New Fall Shows, Rated From Best to Worst