Adweek's Cyber Monday ReviewWith billions to be made/spent, here's what happened today on the Web
Social Media Reacts to Cyber Monday
Every retailer around went to social media this morning to broadcast its specific Cyber Monday deal of the day. It's safe to say that on the Web's biggest retail day of the year, Twitter has pretty much become the newspaper circular of the 21st century with companies like Verizon Wireless vying for and purchasing the nationwide "Cyber Monday" Promoted Trend today—which costs $120,000 per day. But it appears not everyone is thrilled with Cyber Monday's media blitz. A pretty heavy contingent of disgruntled Web denizens took to Twitter to complain about the frantic emails from retailers like Amazon, who've inundated inboxes with pleas to spend, spend, spend.
- The Sad, Painful Life of Two Testicles Improves Dramatically in This Hilarious Underwear Ad
- The 10 Most Watched Ads on YouTube in September
- Whiskas Takes You to Kitten Kollege in This Adorable Online Campaign
- Gillette Shows Why a Legacy Brand Should Probably Never Troll an Underdog
- Ad of the Day: Extra Gum Wraps Up One of the Year's Sweetest Love Stories