Adweek's Cyber Monday ReviewWith billions to be made/spent, here's what happened today on the Web
Social Media Reacts to Cyber Monday
Every retailer around went to social media this morning to broadcast its specific Cyber Monday deal of the day. It's safe to say that on the Web's biggest retail day of the year, Twitter has pretty much become the newspaper circular of the 21st century with companies like Verizon Wireless vying for and purchasing the nationwide "Cyber Monday" Promoted Trend today—which costs $120,000 per day. But it appears not everyone is thrilled with Cyber Monday's media blitz. A pretty heavy contingent of disgruntled Web denizens took to Twitter to complain about the frantic emails from retailers like Amazon, who've inundated inboxes with pleas to spend, spend, spend.
- Temptations Made a Collar That Finally Gives Your Cat a Human Voice, So It Can Talk to You
- Quiz: Which Marketing or Media Job Is Right for You?
- Google Says These 5 Food Trends Are Sweeping America
- Speed Rapper With a Dying Phone Battery Shocks Passersby With His Fast Talking
- Ad of the Day: A Blind American Tours Quebec in This Clever, Inspired Tourism Ad