Hot List 2012: Print Winners
Best Embrace of Digital by a Print Brand
Start spreading the news. Not only does editor Adam Moss’ New York still kill it week after week in print (eye-catching covers, provocative features), the pub keeps giving consumers more reason to go online, too. This year brought The Cut, the third blog spun off from nymag.com (following the smash culture monitor Vulture and foodie destination Grub Street). While other publishers struggle to monetize their online businesses, New York gets a phenomenal 40 percent of its revenue from digital, up from 20 percent four years ago.
The New York Times
- Ad of the Day: Jude Law Dances for Johnnie Walker Blue in Jake Scott's Short Film
- Agency Tries to Make an Ad That's All but Unskippable as YouTube Preroll
- We Asked Agencies to Share Their Oddest Decorations, and They Did Not Disappoint
- These 5 Dynamic Duos Are Nailing Digital Marketing
- Indian Ad With Female Boss Sparks an Uproar: Is It Super Feminist or Super Sexist?