Hot List 2012: Print Winners
Best Embrace of Digital by a Print Brand
Start spreading the news. Not only does editor Adam Moss’ New York still kill it week after week in print (eye-catching covers, provocative features), the pub keeps giving consumers more reason to go online, too. This year brought The Cut, the third blog spun off from nymag.com (following the smash culture monitor Vulture and foodie destination Grub Street). While other publishers struggle to monetize their online businesses, New York gets a phenomenal 40 percent of its revenue from digital, up from 20 percent four years ago.
The New York Times
- Meet the Couple Who Quit Their Ad Jobs to Take the Most Creative Trip Around the World
- Fascinating Time-Lapse Videos Show How High-Fashion Retouching Is Really Done
- The Brands Awaken for Star Wars Day, but Which of Them Used the Force for Good?
- Ad of the Day: Droga5 Cooks Up a Hilariously Skewed Take on Family for Johnsonville
- 3 Ways Prestige Beauty Brands Can Preserve Their Allure in the Digital Age