Hot List 2012: Print Winners
Best Embrace of Digital by a Print Brand
Start spreading the news. Not only does editor Adam Moss’ New York still kill it week after week in print (eye-catching covers, provocative features), the pub keeps giving consumers more reason to go online, too. This year brought The Cut, the third blog spun off from nymag.com (following the smash culture monitor Vulture and foodie destination Grub Street). While other publishers struggle to monetize their online businesses, New York gets a phenomenal 40 percent of its revenue from digital, up from 20 percent four years ago.
The New York Times
- New Attention-Grabbing Mannequins Are Modeled After Disabled Public Figures
- Watch the Most Shared Ads of the Past 8 Years on Unruly Media's 'Viral Spiral'
- Burger King Creates Pre-Roll Ads That Share Your Hatred of Pre-Roll Ads
- President of Marc Jacobs Announces a Brand Event in the Creepiest Way Possible
- Ad of the Day: Kobe and Messi Trade Epic Selfies for Turkish Airlines