Hot List 2012: Print Winners
Best Embrace of Digital by a Print Brand
Start spreading the news. Not only does editor Adam Moss’ New York still kill it week after week in print (eye-catching covers, provocative features), the pub keeps giving consumers more reason to go online, too. This year brought The Cut, the third blog spun off from nymag.com (following the smash culture monitor Vulture and foodie destination Grub Street). While other publishers struggle to monetize their online businesses, New York gets a phenomenal 40 percent of its revenue from digital, up from 20 percent four years ago.
The New York Times
- Here's a Pretty Amazing Ad That Will Make You Feel Awful, Then Wonderful
- Three Years Later, We Finally Have a Brutally Powerful Ad About the Crisis in Syria
- Here Are the Finalists for the Year's Best Brands on Twitter, Vine and Everywhere Else
- Agency Poaches Talent by Mailing Out Books With a Phone Hidden Inside
- Facebook's Most Heartwarming Ad Reminds Us, 'We Are Not Alone'