Hot List 2012: Print Winners
Best Embrace of Digital by a Print Brand
Start spreading the news. Not only does editor Adam Moss’ New York still kill it week after week in print (eye-catching covers, provocative features), the pub keeps giving consumers more reason to go online, too. This year brought The Cut, the third blog spun off from nymag.com (following the smash culture monitor Vulture and foodie destination Grub Street). While other publishers struggle to monetize their online businesses, New York gets a phenomenal 40 percent of its revenue from digital, up from 20 percent four years ago.
The New York Times
- Honda's Double-Sided Story on YouTube Is Mind-Bendingly Brilliant
- Real Beauty? Nah, Victoria's Secret Would Rather Celebrate the 'Perfect Body'
- Here Is the Video of Jerome Jarre's In-Flight Antics That Almost Got Him Arrested
- Jim Carrey Mercilessly Spoofs Matthew McConaughey's Lincoln Ads on SNL
- Ad of the Day: Sofia Coppola Directs 4 Oddly Charming Holiday Spots for Gap