Best Newspaper Fails and Corrections of 2012All the flubs that are fit to print
Laughing in the Face of Death
Copy editing mistakes usually result in gibberish and confusion, but in this particular case, a rogue bit of commentary disgraced a recently deceased Welsh man. Appearing in The Western Mail, a newspaper in Wales, the caption was supposed to preview a story of an investigation of a recent train crash. Instead, the paper made light of a tragic death. The paper apologized quickly for the mistake.
- How Roger Ailes Built Fox News Into a Media Powerhouse
- Here Are Some of the World's Best Ads You Might Have Missed in 2015
- The 20 Most Viral Ads of 2015
- Hot List: The 24 Digital Brands, Startups and Games That Defined 2015
- View-Master Is Waking From Its Decades-Long Slumber, Thanks to Virtual Reality