Best Newspaper Fails and Corrections of 2012All the flubs that are fit to print
Laughing in the Face of Death
Copy editing mistakes usually result in gibberish and confusion, but in this particular case, a rogue bit of commentary disgraced a recently deceased Welsh man. Appearing in The Western Mail, a newspaper in Wales, the caption was supposed to preview a story of an investigation of a recent train crash. Instead, the paper made light of a tragic death. The paper apologized quickly for the mistake.
- Ad of the Day: Jude Law Dances for Johnnie Walker Blue in Jake Scott's Short Film
- Why Instagram Ads Could be Huge for Facebook's Mobile Empire
- Trained Dancers Are Completely Appalled by This Ballet Ad for Free People Clothing
- Indian Ad With Female Boss Sparks an Uproar: Is It Super Feminist or Super Sexist?
- Agency Tries to Make an Ad That's All but Unskippable as YouTube Preroll