Best Newspaper Fails and Corrections of 2012All the flubs that are fit to print
Laughing in the Face of Death
Copy editing mistakes usually result in gibberish and confusion, but in this particular case, a rogue bit of commentary disgraced a recently deceased Welsh man. Appearing in The Western Mail, a newspaper in Wales, the caption was supposed to preview a story of an investigation of a recent train crash. Instead, the paper made light of a tragic death. The paper apologized quickly for the mistake.
- Jeff Goldblum Is Out of His Mind in Tim & Eric's Loony Ad for GE Lighting
- Ad of the Day: Dove Shows Moms Just What They're Teaching Their Girls About Beauty
- 4 Things Jessica Alba Wants You to Know About Her Booming Lifestyle Brand
- Brand of the Day: How Skype Uses Storytelling to Be the Most Human of Tech Companies
- Dollar Shave Club Trolled by Thousand Dollar Shave Society, for Guys Who 'Make Babies on Purpose'