Best Newspaper Fails and Corrections of 2012All the flubs that are fit to print
Laughing in the Face of Death
Copy editing mistakes usually result in gibberish and confusion, but in this particular case, a rogue bit of commentary disgraced a recently deceased Welsh man. Appearing in The Western Mail, a newspaper in Wales, the caption was supposed to preview a story of an investigation of a recent train crash. Instead, the paper made light of a tragic death. The paper apologized quickly for the mistake.
- Why These 3 Agency Guys Are Walking 125 Miles to a Company's Office for a Pitch
- Calvin Klein Embraces Sexting and Tinder in Racy Campaign About Digital Dating
- Actor Enacts a Whale Killing, With Himself as the Whale, in Shocking PSA
- Ad of the Day: Droga5's Clever Energy Ad Lets People Choose Their Fuel Source
- As the Tech Industry Grows and Diversifies, Digital Agency Dress Codes Now Range 'From Hobo to GQ'