Best Newspaper Fails and Corrections of 2012All the flubs that are fit to print
Laughing in the Face of Death
Copy editing mistakes usually result in gibberish and confusion, but in this particular case, a rogue bit of commentary disgraced a recently deceased Welsh man. Appearing in The Western Mail, a newspaper in Wales, the caption was supposed to preview a story of an investigation of a recent train crash. Instead, the paper made light of a tragic death. The paper apologized quickly for the mistake.
- Account Coordinator Moxie Communications Group New York City, New York (US)
- Associate Online Editor Car and Driver Ann Arbor, Michigan
- E-Mail Marketing Coordinator Guilford Publications, Inc New York, NY
- Health Communications Specialist FDA Silver Spring, Maryland
- News Director DeSales Media Group, LLC Brooklyn, New York
- Why It’s Time to Kill Advertising as We Know It and Start Building 'Storyworlds'
- The World's 24 Best Commercials of 2015-2016
- Buzzman Launches Productman, Another Sign That Brand Innovation Is Ripe for Agency Growth
- Jaguar Gave People the Craziest VR Experience Ever With This Sneaky Prank
- Ad of the Day: This Up-and-Coming Beer Brand Got Its First Ad Just Right