Trailer Mash 08-31-12The Oogieloves and other evil beasts: It's this week's new movies, judged by their previews
- 1 of 6
See all of this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Sometimes it's all about the cast. The trailer for Lawless is a case in point: There's Gary Oldman evidently adoring playing the role of a morally ambivalent tough guy; Guy Pierce looking terrifying even with an absurd Alfalfa center hair parting; Jessica Chastain effortlessly delivering the Platonic ideal of Jessica Chastain; Tom Hardy for once overshadowed by the company he's keeping; and even the ever-adolescent Shia LaBeouf possibly redeeming himself for his Transformers, Indiana Jones, Wall Street and forthcoming Lars von Trier movies. (It's getting to be quite a list.) Seemingly some sort of Prohibition-era gangster story, with that cast Lawless could be Transformers 8 and you'd still be curious.
- Ad of the Day: Apple Watch Gets Three Grand 60-Second Spots for Launch Day
- Snapchat Persuades Brands to Go Vertical With Their Video
- The Future May Belong to Web and Mobile Video, but TV Will Survive
- Infographic: a Look at Video Ad Views and Completion Rates for the First Quarter
- Google Builds a Data Platform That's the Last Piece of Its Ad Empire