Trailer Mash 08-31-12The Oogieloves and other evil beasts: It's this week's new movies, judged by their previews
- 1 of 6
See all of this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Sometimes it's all about the cast. The trailer for Lawless is a case in point: There's Gary Oldman evidently adoring playing the role of a morally ambivalent tough guy; Guy Pierce looking terrifying even with an absurd Alfalfa center hair parting; Jessica Chastain effortlessly delivering the Platonic ideal of Jessica Chastain; Tom Hardy for once overshadowed by the company he's keeping; and even the ever-adolescent Shia LaBeouf possibly redeeming himself for his Transformers, Indiana Jones, Wall Street and forthcoming Lars von Trier movies. (It's getting to be quite a list.) Seemingly some sort of Prohibition-era gangster story, with that cast Lawless could be Transformers 8 and you'd still be curious.
- Senior Communications Specialist Columbia University - School of Nursing New York, NY
- Assistant Account Executive / Account Executive The Marino Organization New York, NY
- Digital Media Planner iCrossing, Inc. New York, NY
- Senior Account Director, Public Relations Bartle Bogle Hegarty New York, NY
- Rolling Stone Account Manager Wenner Media New York, NY
- These Might Be the First Condom Ads That Try to Make You Less Excited
- This Remarkable Short Film Set at Costco Explores the Empty Obsession With Shopping
- Ad of the Day: Kim Kardashian Just Made One Seriously Strange Ad for an Energy Drink
- It Wasn't an April Fools' Joke: Amazon Dash Buttons Are Available Now for $5
- Man Shaves Beard Off After 14 Years, and Family Reacts in Shock, in Remarkable Razor Ad