Trailer Mash 08-31-12The Oogieloves and other evil beasts: It's this week's new movies, judged by their previews
- 1 of 6
See all of this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Sometimes it's all about the cast. The trailer for Lawless is a case in point: There's Gary Oldman evidently adoring playing the role of a morally ambivalent tough guy; Guy Pierce looking terrifying even with an absurd Alfalfa center hair parting; Jessica Chastain effortlessly delivering the Platonic ideal of Jessica Chastain; Tom Hardy for once overshadowed by the company he's keeping; and even the ever-adolescent Shia LaBeouf possibly redeeming himself for his Transformers, Indiana Jones, Wall Street and forthcoming Lars von Trier movies. (It's getting to be quite a list.) Seemingly some sort of Prohibition-era gangster story, with that cast Lawless could be Transformers 8 and you'd still be curious.
- Digital Strategist APCO Worldwide Chicago, IL
- Assignment Editor Fox News Channel Washington, DC
- Health & Fitness Editor Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Cosmopolitan New York, NY
- Tech Reporter Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Cosmopolitan New York, NY
- Senior Design Manager The ONE Campaign Washington, DC
- Here Are Some of the World's Best Ads You Might Have Missed in 2015
- Why Amazon Plastered This NYC Subway Train With Nazi and Imperial Japanese Imagery
- Sorry, Britain, but This Lovely Christmas Ad From Spain Is the One to Watch This Year
- How Nordstrom and Sephora Are Nailing Social Media Going Into Black Friday
- Sesame Street Will Look Very Different When It Moves to HBO