Trailer Mash 08-31-12The Oogieloves and other evil beasts: It's this week's new movies, judged by their previews
- 1 of 6
See all of this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Sometimes it's all about the cast. The trailer for Lawless is a case in point: There's Gary Oldman evidently adoring playing the role of a morally ambivalent tough guy; Guy Pierce looking terrifying even with an absurd Alfalfa center hair parting; Jessica Chastain effortlessly delivering the Platonic ideal of Jessica Chastain; Tom Hardy for once overshadowed by the company he's keeping; and even the ever-adolescent Shia LaBeouf possibly redeeming himself for his Transformers, Indiana Jones, Wall Street and forthcoming Lars von Trier movies. (It's getting to be quite a list.) Seemingly some sort of Prohibition-era gangster story, with that cast Lawless could be Transformers 8 and you'd still be curious.
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- Amazing Data From Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart's Run of Social Hijinks
- Mazda Takes One Awesome Road Trip Through 60 Instagram Posts in Grid View
- Ad of the Day: Powerade Tells Nico Calabria's Amazing Story in Best World Cup Spot So Far
- Join a Conversation Headed for Catastrophe in Honda's Anti-Texting Ad