Trailer Mash 08-31-12The Oogieloves and other evil beasts: It's this week's new movies, judged by their previews
- 1 of 6
See all of this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Sometimes it's all about the cast. The trailer for Lawless is a case in point: There's Gary Oldman evidently adoring playing the role of a morally ambivalent tough guy; Guy Pierce looking terrifying even with an absurd Alfalfa center hair parting; Jessica Chastain effortlessly delivering the Platonic ideal of Jessica Chastain; Tom Hardy for once overshadowed by the company he's keeping; and even the ever-adolescent Shia LaBeouf possibly redeeming himself for his Transformers, Indiana Jones, Wall Street and forthcoming Lars von Trier movies. (It's getting to be quite a list.) Seemingly some sort of Prohibition-era gangster story, with that cast Lawless could be Transformers 8 and you'd still be curious.
- Groupon Posted This Product on Facebook, Then Replied to Everyone Who Made a Sex Joke
- Volvo and Grey London Invent an Invisible Paint That Lights Up Cyclists at Night
- Ad of the Day: Taco Bell Launches Cold War Against McDonald's With Propaganda Imagery
- Watch a Calligrapher Perfectly Draw Famous Logos From Scratch With Pen and Ink
- Ricky Gervais Phones In These Hilariously Honest Ads Introducing Netflix to Australia