Trailer Mash 08-24-12Robots, apparitions, even an actor or two: this week's new movies judged by their previews
- 1 of 6
See all this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Does Tom "Draco Malfoy" Felton have a career beyond Harry Potter? He wasn't terribly persuasive in last year's Planet of the Apes reboot, but then, neither were James Franco or Freida Pinto. With no disrespect to Andy Serkis, you could have cast a cardboard cutout of Curious George as the superchimp Caeser and he would have been nowhere near the worst actor on screen. But in the trailer for The Apparition, Felton is entirely agreeable as the nerdy type whose curiosity triggers the titular monster into action. The trailer promises lots of original effects and scares, the more so since the premise is such a good one and so obvious you can't believe it hasn't been done before: If you believe in evil, it becomes real, or as the tagline has it, "Once you believe, you die." Like a hipster Freddy Krueger movie, this seems to be a suitable diversion for self-aware post-Potter teenagers. Even the top YouTube quote is friendly: "Enough with the Harry Potter jokes guys. Siriusly." Zing.
- Media Reporter Advertising Age New York, NY
- Integrated Account Executive TMC Norwalk, CT
- Salesforce Marketing Automation Technologist Crain Detroit, MI
- Real Estate Sales Associate Washingtonian Magazine Washington, DC
- Analyst, Inventory & Yield, Ad Product, Revenue and Sales Operations Condé Nast New York, NY
- Norwegians Object to Giant Penis Squirting Them With Confetti in PSA Stunt
- Ad of the Day: Girls Become Professionals Ahead of Their Time in Barbie's Cool New Ad
- Kids Are Given Toy Cars That Can't Crash in This Amusingly Mean Mercedes-Benz Ad
- Victoria's Secret Ignored the Anger Over This Photo, So a Facebook Fan Fixed It (NSFW)
- Your Life Should Be This Dreamy, Say 6 Beautiful New Ads for the Apple Watch