Trailer Mash 08-24-12Robots, apparitions, even an actor or two: this week's new movies judged by their previews
- 1 of 6
See all this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Does Tom "Draco Malfoy" Felton have a career beyond Harry Potter? He wasn't terribly persuasive in last year's Planet of the Apes reboot, but then, neither were James Franco or Freida Pinto. With no disrespect to Andy Serkis, you could have cast a cardboard cutout of Curious George as the superchimp Caeser and he would have been nowhere near the worst actor on screen. But in the trailer for The Apparition, Felton is entirely agreeable as the nerdy type whose curiosity triggers the titular monster into action. The trailer promises lots of original effects and scares, the more so since the premise is such a good one and so obvious you can't believe it hasn't been done before: If you believe in evil, it becomes real, or as the tagline has it, "Once you believe, you die." Like a hipster Freddy Krueger movie, this seems to be a suitable diversion for self-aware post-Potter teenagers. Even the top YouTube quote is friendly: "Enough with the Harry Potter jokes guys. Siriusly." Zing.
- Content and PR Internship Luxury Brand Partners / Oribe Hair Care New York, NY
- Coordinator, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network New York, NY
- Senior Editor The Fiscal Times New York, NY
- Account Executive FCB West San Francisco, CA
- Digital Editor Washington Examiner Washington, DC
- Here's What 22 Famous Logos Would Look Like If They Swapped Colors With Competitors
- Norm Macdonald Is Now Hosting 15-Second 'Fryerside Chats' as KFC's Colonel Sanders
- How Instagram Is Changing the Way Brands Look at Photography, Online and Beyond
- Star Wars Shut Down This Facebook Commenter Who Wants Female Armor to Look More Ladylike
- Denny's Offers to Partner With Burger King, Since McDonald's Is Being a McChicken