Top 10 Commercials of the Week: Aug. 24-31These spots destroyed property, ran for beer and made muscle music
- 1 of 10
Carlton Draught 'Beer Chase'
Australian brewer Carlton Draught's long history of stupid-funny advertising continues this week with "Beer Chase," its latest faux-epic spot from Clemenger BBDO. The new 90-second commercial is a cops-and-robbers tale that cuts pretty quickly to the chase—although, amusingly, it's one that takes place entirely on foot. (Because what are you going to do, drive and drive?) It's basically the boozer's version of Saturn's famous old "Sheet Metal" spot, backed by an appropriately cheesy '80s anthem.
- Ad of the Day: Ballerina Misty Copeland Stars in Jaw-Dropping Spot for Under Armour
- Why Did These $68 Shorts From Stitch Fix Show Up With a $24.97 Price Tag From Nordstrom Rack?
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: July 25-Aug. 1
- P&G Wants to Shelve Up to 100 Brands
- Adman Writes His Own Hilarious Obituary, and It Goes Viral