Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Mrs. Butterworth, 52 Years Old
If you’re over 40, you probably remember those TV spots in which the Mrs. Butterworth’s bottle comes to life and talks to kids at the breakfast table. Maybe it freaked you out, but you remembered it. Even though the bottle hasn’t moved in a while, Mrs. Butterworth’s continues to reap all the benefits her name and character imply. “A big part of her appeal is her nurturing, grandmotherly personality,” explains brand manager Rebecca Blank. (She’s got a point. Could Mr. Butterworth’s ever leave consumers with the warm fuzzies?) These days, Mrs. Butterworth’s talks to her “dears” on Facebook—fans who know, by the way, that her real name is Joy. But you can just call her by the name that made her an icon.
- Ad of the Day: Leica Recreates 35 Famous Photos to Celebrate a Century of Photography
- Viagra Airs Its First Ad Featuring Only a Woman, and She Gets Right to the Point
- Citizen Flies Westward, Chasing an Endless Sunset, in Global Campaign From W+K
- 'Eat Like You Give a F*ck,' Says This Hilariously Profane Ad for a Cookbook
- Ad of the Day: Dove Shows Moms Just What They're Teaching Their Girls About Beauty