Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Mrs. Butterworth, 52 Years Old
If you’re over 40, you probably remember those TV spots in which the Mrs. Butterworth’s bottle comes to life and talks to kids at the breakfast table. Maybe it freaked you out, but you remembered it. Even though the bottle hasn’t moved in a while, Mrs. Butterworth’s continues to reap all the benefits her name and character imply. “A big part of her appeal is her nurturing, grandmotherly personality,” explains brand manager Rebecca Blank. (She’s got a point. Could Mr. Butterworth’s ever leave consumers with the warm fuzzies?) These days, Mrs. Butterworth’s talks to her “dears” on Facebook—fans who know, by the way, that her real name is Joy. But you can just call her by the name that made her an icon.
- Here's the SNL Parody Ad for ISIS That Pissed Off Half the Internet This Weekend
- Every Brand Wanted a Piece of #TheDress, but Who Wore It Best?
- After Conquering Reality TV, Kim Kardashian Is Taking the Mobile World By Storm
- On the Eve of Turning 30, AOL Dials Up Mobile and Video
- Four Trends That Might Just Make Your CMO Obsolete