Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Mrs. Butterworth, 52 Years Old
If you’re over 40, you probably remember those TV spots in which the Mrs. Butterworth’s bottle comes to life and talks to kids at the breakfast table. Maybe it freaked you out, but you remembered it. Even though the bottle hasn’t moved in a while, Mrs. Butterworth’s continues to reap all the benefits her name and character imply. “A big part of her appeal is her nurturing, grandmotherly personality,” explains brand manager Rebecca Blank. (She’s got a point. Could Mr. Butterworth’s ever leave consumers with the warm fuzzies?) These days, Mrs. Butterworth’s talks to her “dears” on Facebook—fans who know, by the way, that her real name is Joy. But you can just call her by the name that made her an icon.
- Social Media Content Designer Bayard Advertising Modesto, California (US)
- Digital Media Planner Silverlight Digital LLC New York City, New York (US)
- Director, Business Development - Pharmaceuticals Silverlight Digital LLC New York City, New York (US)
- Editorial Director - Business and High-tech publishing Information Today, Inc. New York City, New York
- Editor in Chief Voice Media Group Phoenix, Arizona
- 3 Waves of Cyberattacks Brought Down Twitter, Spotify, Pinterest, NYT and Other Sites
- This Short Documentary Tells the Story of the Great Volkswagen Ads of the '60s
- Facebook Launches a Big Ad Campaign for Facebook Live, With User Videos at the Core
- Hot List: What Are 2016's Top Digital Brands, Apps and Must-Have Products?
- Two (Very) Old Friends Recall the Glories of 1934 in Charming Ads for Steak 'n Shake