Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Mrs. Butterworth, 52 Years Old
If you’re over 40, you probably remember those TV spots in which the Mrs. Butterworth’s bottle comes to life and talks to kids at the breakfast table. Maybe it freaked you out, but you remembered it. Even though the bottle hasn’t moved in a while, Mrs. Butterworth’s continues to reap all the benefits her name and character imply. “A big part of her appeal is her nurturing, grandmotherly personality,” explains brand manager Rebecca Blank. (She’s got a point. Could Mr. Butterworth’s ever leave consumers with the warm fuzzies?) These days, Mrs. Butterworth’s talks to her “dears” on Facebook—fans who know, by the way, that her real name is Joy. But you can just call her by the name that made her an icon.
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- How Jack Daniel's Searched All Over the Country for the Best Bar Stories
- See How Droga5 Actually Made the Insanely Intricate Sets for Moto's New Ads
- This Dog's Road Trip Stretching Routine Might Be the Best Reason to Buy a Citroen
- Old Spice's Man-Robot Sits Down with Drew Brees, and It's Awkwardly Amusing