Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Progressive's Flo, 5 Years Old
Let’s admit this much: Nobody really likes insurance companies. Which is what has made Progressive’s fictitious customer service rep Flo such an unlikely phenom. Sassy but smart, Flo (played by actress Stephanie Courtney) has starred in 75 TV spots and has 5 million Facebook fans. Her popularity is equal parts marketing and metaphysics. To hear CMO Jeff Charney tell it, Flo was born of the quest of “making something intangible—insurance—into the tangible.” Of course, Geico’s Cavemen did that, too. But Flo’s a nice girl, someone you might want to hang out with, and that’s the difference. “We knew customers would relate to Flo,” Charney says, “because people can see themselves in her.”
- Annie Leibovitz Photographs Well-Known People in Their Homes for a Dozen Real Estate Ads
- Jeff Bridges Salutes the Dude's Favorite Beverage in Short Film for Kahlúa
- From Moscow to Mumbai, These Agencies Make Today's Best Campaigns
- Ad of the Day: Guinness Africa Thrillingly Celebrates Being 'Made of Black'
- Gorgeous New Food Ad From Britain Will Make You Very, Very Hungry