Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Progressive's Flo, 5 Years Old
Let’s admit this much: Nobody really likes insurance companies. Which is what has made Progressive’s fictitious customer service rep Flo such an unlikely phenom. Sassy but smart, Flo (played by actress Stephanie Courtney) has starred in 75 TV spots and has 5 million Facebook fans. Her popularity is equal parts marketing and metaphysics. To hear CMO Jeff Charney tell it, Flo was born of the quest of “making something intangible—insurance—into the tangible.” Of course, Geico’s Cavemen did that, too. But Flo’s a nice girl, someone you might want to hang out with, and that’s the difference. “We knew customers would relate to Flo,” Charney says, “because people can see themselves in her.”
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- Ad of the Day: Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- Would You Recognize a Loved One Dressed Like the Homeless? These People Didn't
- Ad of the Day: Apple Uses Pixies' 'Gigantic' in Infectious iPhone Spot
- How Real Women Would Actually Respond to a Dove 'Experiment'