Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Progressive's Flo, 5 Years Old
Let’s admit this much: Nobody really likes insurance companies. Which is what has made Progressive’s fictitious customer service rep Flo such an unlikely phenom. Sassy but smart, Flo (played by actress Stephanie Courtney) has starred in 75 TV spots and has 5 million Facebook fans. Her popularity is equal parts marketing and metaphysics. To hear CMO Jeff Charney tell it, Flo was born of the quest of “making something intangible—insurance—into the tangible.” Of course, Geico’s Cavemen did that, too. But Flo’s a nice girl, someone you might want to hang out with, and that’s the difference. “We knew customers would relate to Flo,” Charney says, “because people can see themselves in her.”
- The Couple Who Quit Their Ad Jobs to Travel the World Ended Up Poor and Scrubbing Toilets
- Reynolds Made a Clever Instagram Cookbook That Feels Like an 'Endless Table'
- Watch This Man Ambush Smokers at the Point of Sale With a Brutally Personal PSA
- Ad of the Day: Gross Old Razors Bring Cutting Humor to Dollar Shave Club's New Campaign
- Can Agencies Win If They Don't Play the Spec Pitch Game?