Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
Progressive's Flo, 5 Years Old
Let’s admit this much: Nobody really likes insurance companies. Which is what has made Progressive’s fictitious customer service rep Flo such an unlikely phenom. Sassy but smart, Flo (played by actress Stephanie Courtney) has starred in 75 TV spots and has 5 million Facebook fans. Her popularity is equal parts marketing and metaphysics. To hear CMO Jeff Charney tell it, Flo was born of the quest of “making something intangible—insurance—into the tangible.” Of course, Geico’s Cavemen did that, too. But Flo’s a nice girl, someone you might want to hang out with, and that’s the difference. “We knew customers would relate to Flo,” Charney says, “because people can see themselves in her.”
- Cringey-Cute Clothing Ad With Strangers Kissing Has 7 Million Views in One Day
- And Here's the First Branded Parody of That Super-Viral 'First Kiss' Ad
- Each Model for Betabrand's New Spring Collection Has a Ph.D.
- Ad of the Day: Honey Maid Celebrates Single Dads, Gay Dads, Punk Dads and More
- 5 Things We Learned at SXSW