Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- See the Dark and Controversial Christmas Ad From Germany That Has Everyone Talking
- In 24 Hours, Pirelli's Calendar Showed How Quickly a Brand Can Modernize Its Image
- Microsoft Makes Peace With Apple in a Holiday Stunt That's Surprisingly Sweet
- How AIDS Advertising Has Evolved From Shock and Shame to Hope and Humor
- People Who Post Racist Tweets Are Suddenly Seeing Them on Billboards Near Their Homes