Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- Ad of the Day: Apple Watch Gets Three Grand 60-Second Spots for Launch Day
- Snapchat Persuades Brands to Go Vertical With Their Video
- The Future May Belong to Web and Mobile Video, but TV Will Survive
- Shirts on, Boys. Abercrombie Says It's Done With Sexualized Marketing
- Check Out the Amazing Welcome Kit This Ogilvy Office Gives Each New Hire