Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- Digital Sales Planner, Fashionista Fashionista 10012, New York City
- Content Writer Wisconsin School of Business 53706, Madison
- Foreign and Defense Policy, Communications Assistant American Enterprise Institute Washington D.C.
- Account Executive National Publication Yardley, PA 19067
- West Coast Manager National Magazine Los Angeles, CA
- Who Is Louise Delage? The Troubling Truth Behind an Overnight Instagram Success
- Dove Straps Heart Monitors on Men to See How They React to Models, and Their Loved Ones
- How Marvel Juggles the Development of 6 Intertwined Netflix Superhero Shows
- This Porn Star's Startling Ad for a Sex Show Accuses Spain of the Ultimate Hypocrisies
- McCann Created an Escort Service That Had a Macabre Surprise for Anyone Who Tried It