Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- Senior M&A Reporter Law360 New York, NY
- Account Manager, College Markets Springer Science + Business Media New York, NY
- Deputy Editor Time Out Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA
- Consumer Advice Reporter U.S. News & World Report Washington, DC
- Publisher, Columbus Dispatch and President, US Pub GateHouse Media Columbus, OH
- Gay Marriage Opponents Act Like an Oppressed Minority in Catholic Group's Ad
- Under Armour Honors Misty Copeland With Hashtag That Led to a Car Full of Flowers
- Designer Shows Off His Big Talent in the World's Smallest Portfolio
- Ad of the Day: Mcgarrybowen's New Triscuit Ads Will Have Foodies Licking Their Lips
- The World's 23 Best Commercials of 2014-2015