Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- Vince Vaughn and Co-stars Pose for Idiotic Stock Photos You Can Have for Free
- Ad of the Day: Geico Makes Clever Preroll Ads That Are Basically Unskippable
- Why So Many People Are Suddenly Wearing $600 Canada Goose Coats
- Watch This Ad Carefully, and You'll Be Transfixed by the Car Sitting Quietly on a Street
- Here's What Would Happen If Ad Agencies Hired Drones as Employees