Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- Guinness Takes You Inside Its Storied Dublin Brewery in Almost Mystical New Ad
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Sept. 12-19
- On the Day of Its IPO, Here's What Americans Think Alibaba Is [Video]
- Stunning PSA Shifts Time to Undo the Killing on a Syrian School Playground