Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- Ad of the Day: Girls Become Professionals Ahead of Their Time in Barbie's Cool New Ad
- Victoria's Secret Ignored the Anger Over This Photo, So a Facebook Fan Fixed It (NSFW)
- Ad of the Day: Extra Gum Wraps Up One of the Year's Sweetest Love Stories
- Your Life Should Be This Dreamy, Say 6 Beautiful New Ads for the Apple Watch
- Kids Are Given Toy Cars That Can't Crash in This Amusingly Mean Mercedes-Benz Ad