Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- K-Pop Group Twerks to the (Really) Oldies in First Classical Music Video Ever
- Hair in a Can? This Insane Product Demo Might Actually Be Real
- How One Guy Wooed 2,000 Women on Tinder
- Why Food and Beverage Advertisers Should Be Worried About Pom v. Coca-Cola