Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
- 1 of 10
How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving'
The continuance of a Slapsgiving—I mean, Thanksgiving—tradition: Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) placed a bet in Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother that ended up with Marshall owing Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) two slaps (look, it's a long story), and Marshall has basically terrorized Barney with the possibility that he might slap him for quite a while now. Lily (Alyson Hannigan), the slap bet commissioner, declares that no slap may take place on Thanksgiving—thus giving Barney something to be seriously thankful for—until she changes her mind, leading to a song composed by Marshall to commemorate the occasion. It's a good song, and it gets set to music in—you guessed it—Slapsgiving 2.
- These Are the Digital Trends Everyone in Tech and Advertising Needs to Know
- How to Make Your TV Commercials Look Epic, Even on Zero Budget
- Epic Wave of Media Reviews Comes at a Crucial Time for Media Buying
- Carl's Jr. Makes the Most Absurdly American Ad for Its Hot-Dog-and-Chips Cheeseburger
- Here's What Marketers Need to Know About Google's Mobile Upgrades