The Adweek 50
10. Jon Steinlauf
Company: Scripps Networks Interactive
Title: EVP, Ad Sales, Marketing
Revenue: $2.1 billion
Location: Knoxville, Tenn.
Steinlauf assumed his current post last November after having joined Scripps in 2000—but he’s made his mark quickly. Upfront commitments broke the $1 billion barrier for the first time this year. While Scripps may not produce programming darlings on the scale of Mad Men or True Blood, it punches well above its weight among advertisers with hit cable properties like Food Network, The Cooking Channel and HGTV. One secret to the group’s success: integrations, lots and lots of integrations. It makes for a longer upfront to be sure, but the payoff is impressive. —S.T.
- New Attention-Grabbing Mannequins Are Modeled After Disabled Public Figures
- President of Marc Jacobs Announces a Brand Event in the Creepiest Way Possible
- Watch the Most Shared Ads of the Past 8 Years on Unruly Media's 'Viral Spiral'
- Ad of the Day: Kobe and Messi Trade Epic Selfies for Turkish Airlines
- 100 Naked People Create Beautiful Stop-Motion Video to Make You Proud of Your Body