The Ad Smackdown: Facebook Vs. GoogleWhich brand turns people off?
Google’s First Big TV Spot “Parisian Love”
Google’s Super Bowl XLIV ad in 2010 scored a touchdown with viewers. “It really demonstrated the versatility of search,” said Reibstein. “It was really very emotive. It was a love story.” Added Madden: “It shows that Google isn’t just part of your life, it’s really interwoven into your world.” How does that compare to Facebook? “Google’s done a much better job in terms of emotionally connecting with the audience,” said Madden.
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- Guinness Takes You Inside Its Storied Dublin Brewery in Almost Mystical New Ad
- Meet the Man Who Unlocked the Secrets of Mobile Marketing
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Sept. 12-19
- The CW's New Shows, From Best to ... Second Best