The 5 Best Ads of Super Bowl XLVIIHumor and emotion won the night, as the big spectacles mostly fell short
- 1 of 5
Agency: The Richards Group
Score another one for Chrysler. This Richards Group spot, celebrating farmers, was the most evocative and visually rich of the evening, thanks to Paul Harvey's spellbinding "God Made a Farmer" recording and the gorgeous work of 10 great photographers, including National Geographic icon William Albert Allard and renowned documentarian Kurt Markus. Yes, it's similar to a popular Farms.com video, but Farms.com is a partner in RAM's new "Year of the Farmer" campaign and strongly supports the commercial. RAM also has a longstanding partnership with the National FFA Organization (formerly Future Farmers of America) and isn't being opportunistic here. (For every view, download or share of "Farmer" on ramtrucks.com/keepplowing, RAM will make a donation to FFA up to $1 million.) The tagline, "For the farmer in all of us," isn't great. And you can argue that the ad goes for easy nostalgia in the face of complicated politics. But in the forum of the Super Bowl, it's all about leaving an impression. This ad's beautiful craft held 100 million viewers rapt—a worthy beginning to a worthy campaign, and the night's best spot.
- World's Greatest Dad Shows You How It's Done in Ad for Peanut Butter Cheerios
- Ad of the Day: Apple Feels the Love for the MacBook Air in Joyful 'Stickers' Spot
- Kevin Spacey Tries to Take Over the World … in His Ads [Video]
- Michelle Phan Sued Over Music Rights: How Will Brands and Influencers React?
- The 10 Most Watched Ads on YouTube in June