16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
In the war years, numerous brands found advertising themes in the shenanigans of enlisted men—but none took it to the level of Cannon’s “True Towel Tales” series. In “Crocodiles Keep Out,” these bathing G.I.s are buff and in the buff, too. Not only is there a full moon in the foreground, these guys are a lot more comfortable with collective nudity than our assumptions about the period would suggest.
- Groupon Posted This Product on Facebook, Then Replied to Everyone Who Made a Sex Joke
- Watch a Calligrapher Perfectly Draw Famous Logos From Scratch With Pen and Ink
- Volvo and Grey London Invent an Invisible Paint That Lights Up Cyclists at Night
- Ad of the Day: Taco Bell Launches Cold War Against McDonald's With Propaganda Imagery
- Can a New Global Campaign Help Coca-Cola Sell More Soda?