16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
In the war years, numerous brands found advertising themes in the shenanigans of enlisted men—but none took it to the level of Cannon’s “True Towel Tales” series. In “Crocodiles Keep Out,” these bathing G.I.s are buff and in the buff, too. Not only is there a full moon in the foreground, these guys are a lot more comfortable with collective nudity than our assumptions about the period would suggest.
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- See How Droga5 Actually Made the Insanely Intricate Sets for Moto's New Ads
- Old Spice's Man-Robot Sits Down with Drew Brees, and It's Awkwardly Amusing
- Awesome Beer Cans Show the Pantone Color of the Brew That's Inside
- As Scotland Counts Votes, Groundskeeper Willie Offers Himself Up as the Nation's Leader