16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
In the war years, numerous brands found advertising themes in the shenanigans of enlisted men—but none took it to the level of Cannon’s “True Towel Tales” series. In “Crocodiles Keep Out,” these bathing G.I.s are buff and in the buff, too. Not only is there a full moon in the foreground, these guys are a lot more comfortable with collective nudity than our assumptions about the period would suggest.
- Tired of Friends and Family Telling You Their Ad Ideas? This Campaign's for You
- Marketing Firm Fires Employee Whose Photo of a Co-worker's Child Sparked Flurry of Racist Jokes
- Ad of the Day: McDonald's All-Day Breakfast Is Here, and People Are Losing Their Minds
- These 27 Young Influentials Are Shaking Up Media, Marketing, Tech and Entertainment
- Infographic: Emojis Are Becoming a Preferred Communication Tool Across Demographics