16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
In the war years, numerous brands found advertising themes in the shenanigans of enlisted men—but none took it to the level of Cannon’s “True Towel Tales” series. In “Crocodiles Keep Out,” these bathing G.I.s are buff and in the buff, too. Not only is there a full moon in the foreground, these guys are a lot more comfortable with collective nudity than our assumptions about the period would suggest.
- Assistant Editor Mercury Radio Arts Irving, TX
- Experienced Fashion/Lifestyle Publicist Blink PR Hallanda, FL
- Project Manager/Analyst-Communications Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Cambridge, MA
- Account Executive: Consumer PR Sunshine Sachs West Hollywood, CA
- Social Media and Communications Assistant Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Washington, DC
- Ad of the Day: Dove Shows Moms Just What They're Teaching Their Girls About Beauty
- Jeff Goldblum Is Out of His Mind in Tim & Eric's Loony Ad for GE Lighting
- 4 Things Jessica Alba Wants You to Know About Her Booming Lifestyle Brand
- How a Topless Mermaid Made the Starbucks Cup an Icon
- Can Mobile Rule the Ad World?