16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
In the war years, numerous brands found advertising themes in the shenanigans of enlisted men—but none took it to the level of Cannon’s “True Towel Tales” series. In “Crocodiles Keep Out,” these bathing G.I.s are buff and in the buff, too. Not only is there a full moon in the foreground, these guys are a lot more comfortable with collective nudity than our assumptions about the period would suggest.
- Digital Sales Planner, Fashionista Fashionista 10012, New York City
- Content Writer Wisconsin School of Business 53706, Madison
- Foreign and Defense Policy, Communications Assistant American Enterprise Institute Washington D.C.
- Account Executive National Publication Yardley, PA 19067
- West Coast Manager National Magazine Los Angeles, CA
- Who Is Louise Delage? The Troubling Truth Behind an Overnight Instagram Success
- Dove Straps Heart Monitors on Men to See How They React to Models, and Their Loved Ones
- How Marvel Juggles the Development of 6 Intertwined Netflix Superhero Shows
- This Porn Star's Startling Ad for a Sex Show Accuses Spain of the Ultimate Hypocrisies
- Hillary Clinton Releases a Powerful New Ad With Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado