16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
In the war years, numerous brands found advertising themes in the shenanigans of enlisted men—but none took it to the level of Cannon’s “True Towel Tales” series. In “Crocodiles Keep Out,” these bathing G.I.s are buff and in the buff, too. Not only is there a full moon in the foreground, these guys are a lot more comfortable with collective nudity than our assumptions about the period would suggest.
- A Costa Rican Brewer Just Inadvertently Made the Most Obscene Billboard Ever
- Smile, Wink, Pray: Brands Decode the Enigma of Emojis
- Google and The Mill Take Mobile Filmmaking to the Next Level With 360-Degree 'HELP'
- Ogilvy Gets Potholes to Tweet, Asking to Be Fixed, Every Time They're Run Over
- How Brands Can Use Biometric Data in Ways That Go Far Beyond Fitness