16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- Three Years Later, We Finally Have a Brutally Powerful Ad About the Crisis in Syria
- Here's a Pretty Amazing Ad That Will Make You Feel Awful, Then Wonderful
- Finally, a Japanese Ad That's Both Surprising and Surprisingly Awesome
- A Woman's Day, Seen Through Glass, Ends Brutally in This Shocking Video
- Chevy Was Right to Curb This Dog Ad, Even If Everyone Seems to Love It