16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- How Ikea Used This Ad Full of Naked People to Sell Tables
- Coke Tests Whisper's Advertising Potential in the Most Perfect Way
- Ad of the Day: Honda Explores the Strange Art of Precision Walking in This HR-V Spot
- The Couple Who Quit Their Ad Jobs to Travel the World Ended Up Poor and Scrubbing Toilets
- Beats By Dre Returns Gatorade's Serve With Its Own Flashy Serena Williams Ad