16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- Here Are Some of the World's Best Ads You Might Have Missed in 2015
- Why This New York Agency Is Taking All 42 of Its Employees to Japan for the Holidays
- Sorry, Britain, but This Lovely Christmas Ad From Spain Is the One to Watch This Year
- Slack Just Took Over 4 Cities With Its First Big, Extremely Bubbly Ad Campaign
- No Packing. No Lines. This Startup Wants to Shake Up Holiday Shipping by Coming to You