16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- K-Pop Group Twerks to the (Really) Oldies in First Classical Music Video Ever
- Author Brilliantly Recreates Famous Meals From Literature
- Why Food and Beverage Advertisers Should Be Worried About Pom v. Coca-Cola
- How One Guy Wooed 2,000 Women on Tinder