16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- New Attention-Grabbing Mannequins Are Modeled After Disabled Public Figures
- Ad of the Day: Oreo's Holiday Song About Balls Is a Real Treat at Just the Right Time
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Dec. 1-6
- 100 Naked People Create Beautiful Stop-Motion Video to Make You Proud of Your Body
- The 20 Most Viral Ads of 2013