16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
Given the conservative trappings of the financial-services sector, Washington Mutual turned plenty of heads when it debuted this 2006 ad, clearly targeted at gay male couples. WaMu broke the mold in another way, too: It managed to produce an unambiguously gay ad without resorting to coding (rainbow flags, pink triangles, etc.), and even without showing any gay men.
- Media Sales Executive Progressive Business Media East Coast
- Writer/Reporter - freelance Hughes Hubbard & Reed Battery Park, New York, New York
- Media Relations Senior Associate Rocky Mountain Institute New York City, New York (US)
- Communications Associate American National Standards Institute Midtown Manhattan
- Digital Sales Team Leader BridgeTower Media St. Louis, MO and Richmond, VA
- Can You Figure Out the Mystery Inside This Remarkable Ad About High School Love?
- Ad of the Day: This Very Sweet Holiday Ad Follows a Man on a Mission to Learn English
- Spotify Crunches User Data in Fun Ways for This New Global Outdoor Ad Campaign
- The 20 Most Viral Ads of 2016
- Holiday Movies 2016: All The Films to See This Month, and How They're Being Marketed