16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
Given the conservative trappings of the financial-services sector, Washington Mutual turned plenty of heads when it debuted this 2006 ad, clearly targeted at gay male couples. WaMu broke the mold in another way, too: It managed to produce an unambiguously gay ad without resorting to coding (rainbow flags, pink triangles, etc.), and even without showing any gay men.
- 50 Creatives Whose Brilliant Ideas and Beautiful Craft Will Make You Jealous
- 20 Content Creators Who Are Setting the Bar for Creativity in 2016
- Adweek's Creative 100: Meet the Top Thinkers, Makers and Doers in Marketing and Media
- The Best Ad Strategy for Pokemon Go Might Not Be What You Think
- Verizon Has Reportedly Bought Yahoo for $4.8 Billion