16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
Given the conservative trappings of the financial-services sector, Washington Mutual turned plenty of heads when it debuted this 2006 ad, clearly targeted at gay male couples. WaMu broke the mold in another way, too: It managed to produce an unambiguously gay ad without resorting to coding (rainbow flags, pink triangles, etc.), and even without showing any gay men.
- Here Are Some of the World's Best Ads You Might Have Missed in 2015
- View-Master Is Waking From Its Decades-Long Slumber, Thanks to Virtual Reality
- Why This New York Agency Is Taking All 42 of Its Employees to Japan for the Holidays
- Sorry, Britain, but This Lovely Christmas Ad From Spain Is the One to Watch This Year
- Watch People in Other Industries React Hilariously to Being Asked for Free Spec Work