16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
Given the conservative trappings of the financial-services sector, Washington Mutual turned plenty of heads when it debuted this 2006 ad, clearly targeted at gay male couples. WaMu broke the mold in another way, too: It managed to produce an unambiguously gay ad without resorting to coding (rainbow flags, pink triangles, etc.), and even without showing any gay men.
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- Ad of the Day: Apple Uses Pixies' 'Gigantic' in Infectious iPhone Spot
- Ad of the Day: Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- FX Networks, MillerCoors in 3-Year Partnership Deal
- How Real Women Would Actually Respond to a Dove 'Experiment'