16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
Given the conservative trappings of the financial-services sector, Washington Mutual turned plenty of heads when it debuted this 2006 ad, clearly targeted at gay male couples. WaMu broke the mold in another way, too: It managed to produce an unambiguously gay ad without resorting to coding (rainbow flags, pink triangles, etc.), and even without showing any gay men.
- Thailand Does It Again With an Ad That Will Leave You Bawling Like This Baby
- Even If You Hate Greenpeace and Love Lego, You Have to Admire This Gorgeous Attack Ad
- Ad of the Day: Samsung Slams iPhone Battery, but Are These Ads Losing Their Charge?
- Inside ESPN's Social Media War Room During the Most Tweeted Sporting Event Ever
- BMW Goes for a Spin on the World's Most Insane Racetrack: An Aircraft Carrier