16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
Given the conservative trappings of the financial-services sector, Washington Mutual turned plenty of heads when it debuted this 2006 ad, clearly targeted at gay male couples. WaMu broke the mold in another way, too: It managed to produce an unambiguously gay ad without resorting to coding (rainbow flags, pink triangles, etc.), and even without showing any gay men.
- See How Droga5 Actually Made the Insanely Intricate Sets for Moto's New Ads
- Awesome Beer Cans Show the Pantone Color of the Brew That's Inside
- Ad of the Day: Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell Charmingly Do a Lot of Nothing for Samsung
- Bryan Cranston Acts Out Baseball's Greatest Moments in Fantastic Ad for the Postseason
- Brand of the Day: Why Olive Garden Gets Unlimited Love, and Scorn, From Consumers