16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
It’s anyone’s guess whether Leyendecker was riffing off the old dropping-the-soap joke in this 1919 ad for Ivory, but it’s hardly the first time the artist’s ads showed groups of young men showering or undressing together. Nevertheless, back in 1919, 12 naked guys “under the hose” didn’t register as homoerotic—at least, it didn’t to Procter & Gamble.
- Totino's Pizza Made 50 Ridiculous Ads Using the World's Worst Stock Photos
- Agency Wants Its Next Art Director to Be Cool, So the Interview Will Be Over Two Days in Vegas
- 5 Social Media Hacks Every Marketer Should Know
- Dads With Daughters Will Love This Christmas Ad from Dick's Sporting Goods
- The 20 Most Viral Ads of 2014