16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
It’s anyone’s guess whether Leyendecker was riffing off the old dropping-the-soap joke in this 1919 ad for Ivory, but it’s hardly the first time the artist’s ads showed groups of young men showering or undressing together. Nevertheless, back in 1919, 12 naked guys “under the hose” didn’t register as homoerotic—at least, it didn’t to Procter & Gamble.
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- How One Guy Wooed 2,000 Women on Tinder
- Ad of the Day: Powerade Tells Nico Calabria's Amazing Story in Best World Cup Spot So Far
- Mazda Takes One Awesome Road Trip Through 60 Instagram Posts in Grid View
- Amazing Data From Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart's Social Bromance