16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
It’s anyone’s guess whether Leyendecker was riffing off the old dropping-the-soap joke in this 1919 ad for Ivory, but it’s hardly the first time the artist’s ads showed groups of young men showering or undressing together. Nevertheless, back in 1919, 12 naked guys “under the hose” didn’t register as homoerotic—at least, it didn’t to Procter & Gamble.
- Here's the SNL Parody Ad for ISIS That Pissed Off Half the Internet This Weekend
- Every Brand Wanted a Piece of #TheDress, but Who Wore It Best?
- Ad of the Day: Epic Audi Spot With Marauding Mechanics Is Ridiculously Fun
- After Conquering Reality TV, Kim Kardashian Is Taking the Mobile World By Storm
- Four Trends That Might Just Make Your CMO Obsolete