16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
It’s anyone’s guess whether Leyendecker was riffing off the old dropping-the-soap joke in this 1919 ad for Ivory, but it’s hardly the first time the artist’s ads showed groups of young men showering or undressing together. Nevertheless, back in 1919, 12 naked guys “under the hose” didn’t register as homoerotic—at least, it didn’t to Procter & Gamble.
- Groupon Posted This Product on Facebook, Then Replied to Everyone Who Made a Sex Joke
- Ad of the Day: Taco Bell Launches Cold War Against McDonald's With Propaganda Imagery
- Watch a Calligrapher Perfectly Draw Famous Logos From Scratch With Pen and Ink
- Volvo and Grey London Invent an Invisible Paint That Lights Up Cyclists at Night
- Vince Vaughn and Co-stars Pose for Idiotic Stock Photos You Can Have for Free