16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
It’s anyone’s guess whether Leyendecker was riffing off the old dropping-the-soap joke in this 1919 ad for Ivory, but it’s hardly the first time the artist’s ads showed groups of young men showering or undressing together. Nevertheless, back in 1919, 12 naked guys “under the hose” didn’t register as homoerotic—at least, it didn’t to Procter & Gamble.
- Three Years Later, We Finally Have a Brutally Powerful Ad About the Crisis in Syria
- Here's a Pretty Amazing Ad That Will Make You Feel Awful, Then Wonderful
- Finally, a Japanese Ad That's Both Surprising and Surprisingly Awesome
- A Woman's Day, Seen Through Glass, Ends Brutally in This Shocking Video
- Chevy Was Right to Curb This Dog Ad, Even If Everyone Seems to Love It