16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
It’s anyone’s guess whether Leyendecker was riffing off the old dropping-the-soap joke in this 1919 ad for Ivory, but it’s hardly the first time the artist’s ads showed groups of young men showering or undressing together. Nevertheless, back in 1919, 12 naked guys “under the hose” didn’t register as homoerotic—at least, it didn’t to Procter & Gamble.
- IAC's PR Chief Apparently Tweeted a Bizarrely Tasteless Joke About AIDS and Africa
- Brands, Web Celebrities and Anonymous Join Global Mockery of PR Pro's AIDS Tweet
- Chuck Norris Does His Own Epic Split in This Festively Insane Holiday Video
- Jesus, Gandhi and Mother Teresa Stump for Unicef in Extremely Virtuous Holiday Ads
- Print Ad for Moto X Lets You Change the Phone's Color With the Push of a Button