The 12 Smartest Media Agency Execs in the Business TodayAdweek's 2013 Media All-Stars
Scott Hagedorn CEO, Annalect
Three years ago, Annalect was just a scribbled idea on a cocktail napkin. These days, it's an 850-person global organization that Omnicom chief John Wren praises on Wall Street earnings calls, describing it as a transformational force in how agencies leverage information.
When Omnicom Media Group CEO Daryl Simm approached Scott Hagedorn to create the new digital, data and analytics platform, the then-CEO of PHD might have thought twice. He'd just helped land the $950 million GSK business.
Simm's new remit would also require Hagedorn to relearn hard-core data, marketing technology and software development, the kind of digital skills Hagedorn moved away from as he climbed OMG’s management ranks. Was Hagedorn ready to tackle Big Data and wrestle into suitable form for Omnicom?
The answer became clear. Hagedorn has never been one to shy from challenges. After he started and sold his own digital agency, he was recruited to head up digital advertising at Rapp Collins, where OMD outsourced data analytics. Hagedorn moved to OMD and built out platforms measuring digital.
Annalect pitches against the likes of Adobe, McKinsey and Nielsen, giving Hagedorn a view of the future. "Our industry stands to have some significant disruption," he says. "We have to learn how to deal with the artisanal side of how we do our craft in an increasingly automated world."
Annalect also dovetails with Wren and Co.'s mission to "build, don’t buy" when it comes to generating growth in the digital arena, even as other holding companies engineer much of their digital growth through acquisitions. —Noreen O’Leary
- West Coast Manager National Magazine Los Angeles, CA
- Account Executive National Magazine Newtown, PA - Bucks Co
- Sales Account Executive Creative Circle Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (US)
- Sales Account Executive Bilingual Creative Circle Miami, Florida (US)
- Sales Account Executive Creative Circle Dallas, Texas
- Audi Made One Hell of an Entertaining Ad for Tonight's Debate That Everyone Will Love
- Tecate Will Ambush Tonight's Debate With This Trump-Mocking Ad About Building a 'Beer Wall'
- What Stephen Colbert Has in Store for Tonight's Late Show Post-Debate Live Episode
- How Nielsen Is Shedding Old Perceptions, and Building New Businesses
- The Stars of Will & Grace Just Reunited for a Hilarious Pitch to Get You to Vote for Hillary