12 Conversations About the Past, Present and Future of AdvertisingWe sit down with industry leaders in Cannes
- 1 of 12
Annie Leibovitz and Gordon Bowen
Photographer; chairman and CCO, McGarryBowen
AW: You’re here to talk about your current campaign for Disney, but your best known work together is probably the 1980s AmEx Portraits series. Which of those portraits are you proudest of?
AL: Sammy Davis Jr. sitting was kind of amazing. I wanted to be on the outskirts of Las Vegas as the lights came up. And the lights didn’t come on because they were on an automatic timing system.
GB: The combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Willie Shoemaker. Those two white tuxedos with this little guy and this big, gigantic man … it told a story that I really like in a sort of a fun, unexpected, who’d-a-thunk-it kind of way.
Photo: Alfred Maskeroni
- Each Model for Betabrand's New Spring Collection Has a Ph.D.
- Cringey-Cute Clothing Ad With Strangers Kissing Has 7 Million Views in One Day
- And Here's the First Branded Parody of That Super-Viral 'First Kiss' Ad
- 5 Things We Learned at SXSW
- Healthcare.gov's Millennial Outreach Masterstroke: Obama on Between Two Ferns