12 Conversations About the Past, Present and Future of AdvertisingWe sit down with industry leaders in Cannes
- 1 of 12
Annie Leibovitz and Gordon Bowen
Photographer; chairman and CCO, McGarryBowen
AW: You’re here to talk about your current campaign for Disney, but your best known work together is probably the 1980s AmEx Portraits series. Which of those portraits are you proudest of?
AL: Sammy Davis Jr. sitting was kind of amazing. I wanted to be on the outskirts of Las Vegas as the lights came up. And the lights didn’t come on because they were on an automatic timing system.
GB: The combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Willie Shoemaker. Those two white tuxedos with this little guy and this big, gigantic man … it told a story that I really like in a sort of a fun, unexpected, who’d-a-thunk-it kind of way.
Photo: Alfred Maskeroni
- Honda's Double-Sided Story on YouTube Is Mind-Bendingly Brilliant
- Real Beauty? Nah, Victoria's Secret Would Rather Celebrate the 'Perfect Body'
- Netflix's Fun Outdoor Ads Use 100 Awesome GIFs From Shows and Movies
- And Here Is Nike's Grand, Gritty Salute to LeBron James and His Return to Cleveland
- 'Dumb Ways to Die' Returns With a Trick-or-Treat Halloween Special