12 Conversations About the Past, Present and Future of AdvertisingWe sit down with industry leaders in Cannes
- 1 of 12
Annie Leibovitz and Gordon Bowen
Photographer; chairman and CCO, McGarryBowen
AW: You’re here to talk about your current campaign for Disney, but your best known work together is probably the 1980s AmEx Portraits series. Which of those portraits are you proudest of?
AL: Sammy Davis Jr. sitting was kind of amazing. I wanted to be on the outskirts of Las Vegas as the lights came up. And the lights didn’t come on because they were on an automatic timing system.
GB: The combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Willie Shoemaker. Those two white tuxedos with this little guy and this big, gigantic man … it told a story that I really like in a sort of a fun, unexpected, who’d-a-thunk-it kind of way.
Photo: Alfred Maskeroni
- New Attention-Grabbing Mannequins Are Modeled After Disabled Public Figures
- President of Marc Jacobs Announces a Brand Event in the Creepiest Way Possible
- Watch the Most Shared Ads of the Past 8 Years on Unruly Media's 'Viral Spiral'
- Ad of the Day: Kobe and Messi Trade Epic Selfies for Turkish Airlines
- 100 Naked People Create Beautiful Stop-Motion Video to Make You Proud of Your Body