12 Conversations About the Past, Present and Future of AdvertisingWe sit down with industry leaders in Cannes
- 1 of 12
Annie Leibovitz and Gordon Bowen
Photographer; chairman and CCO, McGarryBowen
AW: You’re here to talk about your current campaign for Disney, but your best known work together is probably the 1980s AmEx Portraits series. Which of those portraits are you proudest of?
AL: Sammy Davis Jr. sitting was kind of amazing. I wanted to be on the outskirts of Las Vegas as the lights came up. And the lights didn’t come on because they were on an automatic timing system.
GB: The combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Willie Shoemaker. Those two white tuxedos with this little guy and this big, gigantic man … it told a story that I really like in a sort of a fun, unexpected, who’d-a-thunk-it kind of way.
Photo: Alfred Maskeroni
- Public Relations Assistant Grimshaw Architects New York, NY
- Associate Editor Pace Communications San Antonio, TX
- Marketing & Editorial Manager Grimshaw Architects New York, NY
- Inside Sales Position - Online Sales Infobase Learning New York, NY
- Online Editor -- Medical/Science Lebhar-Friedman, Inc. New York, NY
- The Colbert Report Is Dead. Long Live Stephen Colbert
- Watch a Designer Who Really Knows What He's Doing Create a Logo From Scratch
- If You Loved Aaron Draplin's Logo Tutorial, Here's More of His Design Wisdom
- Here Are the Brands Whose Follower Counts Were Hit Hardest in Instagram's Spam Purge
- Inside Pornhub's Crusade to Tear Down the Taboos of Watching Sex Online