12 Conversations About the Past, Present and Future of AdvertisingWe sit down with industry leaders in Cannes
- 1 of 12
Annie Leibovitz and Gordon Bowen
Photographer; chairman and CCO, McGarryBowen
AW: You’re here to talk about your current campaign for Disney, but your best known work together is probably the 1980s AmEx Portraits series. Which of those portraits are you proudest of?
AL: Sammy Davis Jr. sitting was kind of amazing. I wanted to be on the outskirts of Las Vegas as the lights came up. And the lights didn’t come on because they were on an automatic timing system.
GB: The combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Willie Shoemaker. Those two white tuxedos with this little guy and this big, gigantic man … it told a story that I really like in a sort of a fun, unexpected, who’d-a-thunk-it kind of way.
Photo: Alfred Maskeroni
- Groupon Posted This Product on Facebook, Then Replied to Everyone Who Made a Sex Joke
- Volvo and Grey London Invent an Invisible Paint That Lights Up Cyclists at Night
- Watch a Calligrapher Perfectly Draw Famous Logos From Scratch With Pen and Ink
- Ad of the Day: OPI Brilliantly Creates a Whole Alphabet From Drops of Nail Polish
- How Millennials Are Changing the Way Ad Agencies Work