12 Conversations About the Past, Present and Future of AdvertisingWe sit down with industry leaders in Cannes
- 1 of 12
Annie Leibovitz and Gordon Bowen
Photographer; chairman and CCO, McGarryBowen
AW: You’re here to talk about your current campaign for Disney, but your best known work together is probably the 1980s AmEx Portraits series. Which of those portraits are you proudest of?
AL: Sammy Davis Jr. sitting was kind of amazing. I wanted to be on the outskirts of Las Vegas as the lights came up. And the lights didn’t come on because they were on an automatic timing system.
GB: The combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Willie Shoemaker. Those two white tuxedos with this little guy and this big, gigantic man … it told a story that I really like in a sort of a fun, unexpected, who’d-a-thunk-it kind of way.
Photo: Alfred Maskeroni
- Video Producer, The Atlantic Atlantic Media Washington, DC
- Senior Director, Digital Communications Turner PR New York, NY and Denver, CO,
- Reporters and Editors WhoWhatWhy New York, NY
- Marketing Manager Sourcebooks Naperville, IL
- Account Executive, the Knot Concierge Program XO Group & the Knot New York, NY
- Watch a Designer Who Really Knows What He's Doing Create a Logo From Scratch
- If You Loved Aaron Draplin's Logo Tutorial, Here's More of His Design Wisdom
- 14 Brilliant Outdoor Ads That Rocked the Real World in 2014
- The Colbert Report Is Dead. Long Live Stephen Colbert
- Inside Pornhub's Crusade to Tear Down the Taboos of Watching Sex Online