12 Conversations About the Past, Present and Future of AdvertisingWe sit down with industry leaders in Cannes
- 1 of 12
Annie Leibovitz and Gordon Bowen
Photographer; chairman and CCO, McGarryBowen
AW: You’re here to talk about your current campaign for Disney, but your best known work together is probably the 1980s AmEx Portraits series. Which of those portraits are you proudest of?
AL: Sammy Davis Jr. sitting was kind of amazing. I wanted to be on the outskirts of Las Vegas as the lights came up. And the lights didn’t come on because they were on an automatic timing system.
GB: The combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Willie Shoemaker. Those two white tuxedos with this little guy and this big, gigantic man … it told a story that I really like in a sort of a fun, unexpected, who’d-a-thunk-it kind of way.
Photo: Alfred Maskeroni
- Social Media Internet Assessor Lionbridge Any City,
- Digital Sales Manager Chronicle Books San Francisco, CA
- GM/Biz Dev head Mobile Media Start up Targeted Digital Video Company San Francisco, CA
- Account Coordinator McMurry/TMG Phoenix, AZ
- Marketing/Creative Director City Mattress, Inc. Bonita Springs, FL
- Infographic: What the Color of Your Logo Says About Your Brand
- Organic Food Snobs Are Unknowingly Fed McDonald's, and They're Lovin' It
- Brad Pitt Dodges Insults to Make a Charity Pitch on Zach Galifianakis' Between Two Ferns
- Agency Gives You Free Beer for Filling Out Your Timesheets, Because Nothing Else Ever Works
- GoPro Ad With Toddlers Sledding Is the Most Adorable 30 Seconds You'll Watch Today