The 11 Grossest Fast-Food Abominations in the WorldOur guest judges: the EpicMealTime guys
- 11 of 11
KFC, Double Down (U.S.)
America's most famous addition to fast food's global grotesquerie, the Double Down squeezes bacon, two kinds of cheese and a creamy sauce between two fried chicken filets. For a healthier option, you can choose grilled filets for your flesh bun. This pop-culture sensation seems to have inspired Arby's to test a hashbrowns-for-a-bun sandwich called the Bacon Cheddar Potato Cake Melt.
HARLEY: It's cute. We killed it in the third episode of EpicMealTime. Grossness rating: 1/10.
JOSH: This was the inspiration of one of our classic EpicMealTime episodes. We made a version of this little-boy sandwich that would make the Colonel turn over in his grave. We used 10 times the amount of bacon, five times the amount of chicken, mac and cheese, onion rings and all-beef patties. We called it the Death of the Double Down, aka the Double Kill. Grossness rating: I give this a 3/10 just for inspiring us to create something that is actually epic.
Average grossness rating: 2/10.
(Note: 1 is a normal lunch, 10 is an EpicMealTime creation.)
—Our guest judges:
EpicMealTime chief cook Josh Elkin (l.) and host Harley Morenstein
- Senior Communications Specialist Columbia University - School of Nursing New York, NY
- Assistant Account Executive / Account Executive The Marino Organization New York, NY
- Digital Media Planner iCrossing, Inc. New York, NY
- Senior Account Director, Public Relations Bartle Bogle Hegarty New York, NY
- Rolling Stone Account Manager Wenner Media New York, NY
- Why These 3 Agency Guys Are Walking 125 Miles to a Company's Office for a Pitch
- Ad of the Day: Droga5's Clever Energy Ad Lets People Choose Their Fuel Source
- Actor Enacts a Whale Killing, With Himself as the Whale, in Shocking PSA
- It Wasn't an April Fools' Joke: Amazon Dash Buttons Are Available Now for $5
- Ashley Tisdale Launches ‘The Haute Mess’ Lifestyle Site to Empower Women