The 11 Grossest Fast-Food Abominations in the WorldOur guest judges: the EpicMealTime guys
- 11 of 11
KFC, Double Down (U.S.)
America's most famous addition to fast food's global grotesquerie, the Double Down squeezes bacon, two kinds of cheese and a creamy sauce between two fried chicken filets. For a healthier option, you can choose grilled filets for your flesh bun. This pop-culture sensation seems to have inspired Arby's to test a hashbrowns-for-a-bun sandwich called the Bacon Cheddar Potato Cake Melt.
HARLEY: It's cute. We killed it in the third episode of EpicMealTime. Grossness rating: 1/10.
JOSH: This was the inspiration of one of our classic EpicMealTime episodes. We made a version of this little-boy sandwich that would make the Colonel turn over in his grave. We used 10 times the amount of bacon, five times the amount of chicken, mac and cheese, onion rings and all-beef patties. We called it the Death of the Double Down, aka the Double Kill. Grossness rating: I give this a 3/10 just for inspiring us to create something that is actually epic.
Average grossness rating: 2/10.
(Note: 1 is a normal lunch, 10 is an EpicMealTime creation.)
—Our guest judges:
EpicMealTime chief cook Josh Elkin (l.) and host Harley Morenstein
- Ad of the Day: David Fincher Brings Darkness and Mystery to Gap's Fall Campaign
- 12 Marketers Already Experimenting With Instagram's Hyperlapse App
- 10 Brands That Got Creative With the Ice Bucket Challenge Without Calling on the CEO
- Instagram Users Are Obsessed With Recreating Its Logo, and the Results Are Quite Wonderful
- How Once-Cool Urban Outfitters Lost Its Mojo