The 11 Grossest Fast-Food Abominations in the WorldOur guest judges: the EpicMealTime guys
- 11 of 11
KFC, Double Down (U.S.)
America's most famous addition to fast food's global grotesquerie, the Double Down squeezes bacon, two kinds of cheese and a creamy sauce between two fried chicken filets. For a healthier option, you can choose grilled filets for your flesh bun. This pop-culture sensation seems to have inspired Arby's to test a hashbrowns-for-a-bun sandwich called the Bacon Cheddar Potato Cake Melt.
HARLEY: It's cute. We killed it in the third episode of EpicMealTime. Grossness rating: 1/10.
JOSH: This was the inspiration of one of our classic EpicMealTime episodes. We made a version of this little-boy sandwich that would make the Colonel turn over in his grave. We used 10 times the amount of bacon, five times the amount of chicken, mac and cheese, onion rings and all-beef patties. We called it the Death of the Double Down, aka the Double Kill. Grossness rating: I give this a 3/10 just for inspiring us to create something that is actually epic.
Average grossness rating: 2/10.
(Note: 1 is a normal lunch, 10 is an EpicMealTime creation.)
—Our guest judges:
EpicMealTime chief cook Josh Elkin (l.) and host Harley Morenstein
- These 27 Young Influentials Are Shaking Up Media, Marketing, Tech and Entertainment
- Why Brands Like Coca-Cola and Bud Light Are Making Packaging Personal
- Ad of the Day: McDonald's All-Day Breakfast Is Here, and People Are Losing Their Minds
- This Astonishing Fan-Made Tesla Ad Is All CGI, Yet It Couldn't Look More Beautifully Real
- Infographic: Emojis Are Becoming a Preferred Communication Tool Across Demographics