The 10 Least Missable Product Placements in Movie Theaters This Year So FarIron Man, Scotty, Lois Lane—who can you trust these days?
Everything but Especially Sun Oracle Iron Man 3
This movie basically had a money shot in it for product partners: it's at the very end of the film when Iron Man's kid sidekick gets a room full of "thank-you" gear from his super-pal, and there was quite a bit of SPONSORED BY VERIZON new and slick computing gear AND SUN ORACLE, as well as sundry other toys AND AUDI, DON'T FORGET AUDI that a kid (or an adult SUNGLASSES AND TCL ELECTRONICS AND FRED PERRY SHIRTS GOOD GOD) might like.
Also the infamous four minutes of Chinese-release-only footage, which was apparently mostly product placement and a cameo by an actress beloved of Chinese moviegoers.
- This Ad Campaign Starts With Cool Cinemagraphs on Instagram, Then Follows Up on Facebook
- Dora the Explorer Is a Dream-Crushing Buzzkill in Geico's Excellent New Ad
- Shirts on, Boys. Abercrombie Says It's Done With Sexualized Marketing
- Here's the Most Fascinating Slide From BuzzFeed's 2008 Pitch to Investors
- Snapchat Persuades Brands to Go Vertical With Their Video