The 10 Least Missable Product Placements in Movie Theaters This Year So FarIron Man, Scotty, Lois Lane—who can you trust these days?
- 1 of 10
Everything in Man of Steel
Superman's more than 100 product partners are worth some $173 million to the studio (Warner Bros., sister company of Superman publisher DC Comics)—more than 2/3 of the movie's hefty production budget, estimated at about $225 million. Mind you, marketing for a movie this size can top $100 million in addition to the production cost—James Cameron's Avatar famously cost $150 million to market—so the movie is by no means out of the woods. Partners include (deep breath) Sears, Gillette, Walmart, Twizzler, Chrylser, and Kellogg, among many, many others. When Zod starts tossing cars around this weekend, expect at least a couple of them to be—not kidding—Man of Steel Power Wagons.
- Ad of the Day: Guinness Has Made the Only Ad You Need to See This Fourth of July
- The 10 Most Viral Ads of 2014 (So Far)
- Ad of the Day: 'First Kiss' Director Gets to Second Base With 'Undress Me' Sequel (SFW)
- The World's 17 Best Print Campaigns of 2013-14
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: July 4-11