The 10 Least Missable Product Placements in Movie Theaters This Year So FarIron Man, Scotty, Lois Lane—who can you trust these days?
- 1 of 10
Everything in Man of Steel
Superman's more than 100 product partners are worth some $173 million to the studio (Warner Bros., sister company of Superman publisher DC Comics)—more than 2/3 of the movie's hefty production budget, estimated at about $225 million. Mind you, marketing for a movie this size can top $100 million in addition to the production cost—James Cameron's Avatar famously cost $150 million to market—so the movie is by no means out of the woods. Partners include (deep breath) Sears, Gillette, Walmart, Twizzler, Chrylser, and Kellogg, among many, many others. When Zod starts tossing cars around this weekend, expect at least a couple of them to be—not kidding—Man of Steel Power Wagons.
- 50 Creatives Whose Brilliant Ideas and Beautiful Craft Will Make You Jealous
- Adweek's Creative 100: Meet the Top Thinkers, Makers and Doers in Marketing and Media
- Agency Sends Copywriter Into Wilderness to Live Exclusively on Its Clients' Brands for 5 Days
- The Best Ad Strategy for Pokemon Go Might Not Be What You Think
- Verizon Has Reportedly Bought Yahoo for $4.8 Billion