The 10 Least Missable Product Placements in Movie Theaters This Year So FarIron Man, Scotty, Lois Lane—who can you trust these days?
- 1 of 10
Everything in Man of Steel
Superman's more than 100 product partners are worth some $173 million to the studio (Warner Bros., sister company of Superman publisher DC Comics)—more than 2/3 of the movie's hefty production budget, estimated at about $225 million. Mind you, marketing for a movie this size can top $100 million in addition to the production cost—James Cameron's Avatar famously cost $150 million to market—so the movie is by no means out of the woods. Partners include (deep breath) Sears, Gillette, Walmart, Twizzler, Chrylser, and Kellogg, among many, many others. When Zod starts tossing cars around this weekend, expect at least a couple of them to be—not kidding—Man of Steel Power Wagons.
- Sorry, Britain, but This Lovely Christmas Ad From Spain Is the One to Watch This Year
- Here Are Some of the World's Best Ads You Might Have Missed in 2015
- The 20 Most Viral Ads of 2015
- Watch People in Other Industries React Hilariously to Being Asked for Free Spec Work
- View-Master Is Waking From Its Decades-Long Slumber, Thanks to Virtual Reality