The 10 Least Missable Product Placements in Movie Theaters This Year So FarIron Man, Scotty, Lois Lane—who can you trust these days?
- 1 of 10
Everything in Man of Steel
Superman's more than 100 product partners are worth some $173 million to the studio (Warner Bros., sister company of Superman publisher DC Comics)—more than 2/3 of the movie's hefty production budget, estimated at about $225 million. Mind you, marketing for a movie this size can top $100 million in addition to the production cost—James Cameron's Avatar famously cost $150 million to market—so the movie is by no means out of the woods. Partners include (deep breath) Sears, Gillette, Walmart, Twizzler, Chrylser, and Kellogg, among many, many others. When Zod starts tossing cars around this weekend, expect at least a couple of them to be—not kidding—Man of Steel Power Wagons.
- Audience Development Analyst WNET New York Public Media 10019, New York City
- SEO/Editorial Freelancer New Hope Media LLC New York City, New York
- Account Director Happy Medium Des Moines, IA or Chicago, IL
- Social Media Strategist Oceana Washington, D.C.
- Audience Development Manager LADDERS New York City, New York
- The Dutch Are Speaking Trump's Language in This Hilarious Satire Video 'Welcoming' Him
- Ad of the Day: Brace for the Bizarre in Droga5's Wonderfully Wacky Fake Films for MailChimp
- Dads Play Barbie With Their Daughters in the Doll's Latest Charming Effort to Modernize
- What a Tobacco Company's Office Party Would Feel Like If Everyone There Were Totally Honest
- Someone Bought AlternativeFacts.com and Is Oddly Redirecting Traffic to NYT's Story