The 10 Least Missable Product Placements in Movie Theaters This Year So FarIron Man, Scotty, Lois Lane—who can you trust these days?
- 1 of 10
Everything in Man of Steel
Superman's more than 100 product partners are worth some $173 million to the studio (Warner Bros., sister company of Superman publisher DC Comics)—more than 2/3 of the movie's hefty production budget, estimated at about $225 million. Mind you, marketing for a movie this size can top $100 million in addition to the production cost—James Cameron's Avatar famously cost $150 million to market—so the movie is by no means out of the woods. Partners include (deep breath) Sears, Gillette, Walmart, Twizzler, Chrylser, and Kellogg, among many, many others. When Zod starts tossing cars around this weekend, expect at least a couple of them to be—not kidding—Man of Steel Power Wagons.
- DiGiorno Pizza Live-Tweeted The Sound of Music, and It Was Very Tasty
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Dec. 1-6
- New Attention-Grabbing Mannequins Are Modeled After Disabled Public Figures
- Burger King Creates Pre-Roll Ads That Share Your Hatred of Pre-Roll Ads
- How Twitter Stepped Up Its Ad Game