The 10 Least Missable Product Placements in Movie Theaters This Year So FarIron Man, Scotty, Lois Lane—who can you trust these days?
- 1 of 10
Everything in Man of Steel
Superman's more than 100 product partners are worth some $173 million to the studio (Warner Bros., sister company of Superman publisher DC Comics)—more than 2/3 of the movie's hefty production budget, estimated at about $225 million. Mind you, marketing for a movie this size can top $100 million in addition to the production cost—James Cameron's Avatar famously cost $150 million to market—so the movie is by no means out of the woods. Partners include (deep breath) Sears, Gillette, Walmart, Twizzler, Chrylser, and Kellogg, among many, many others. When Zod starts tossing cars around this weekend, expect at least a couple of them to be—not kidding—Man of Steel Power Wagons.
- News Editor Opposing Views Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Assistant Vice President of Communications & Public Relations The University of Maryland, Baltimore County(UMBC) Baltimore, MD
- Academic Account Manager Springer Science + Business Media New York, NY
- Staff Writer, TheWeek.com TheWeek.com New York, NY
- Publicity Assistant, Doubleday Penguin Random House U.S.A. New York, NY
- Ads About Veteran Suicide Show Heartbreaking Photos of the Homes Where They Died
- How This Interactive Subway Ad Got Everybody Yawning, and Wanting Coffee
- Ad of the Day: Adult Retailer Makes Probably the Craziest X-Rated Ad Yet (NSFW)
- 'Unboxing' YouTube Marketers Are Accused of Tricking Kids
- Still Obsessing Over Millennials? Here Are 6 Rules for Reaching Generation Z