10 Ads That Killed DubstepHow marketing co-opted yet another musical genre that used to be cool
- 1 of 10
Kmart: Back to School (2012)
Track: "Phunkshock" by Matroda
Is this the death knell of dubstep? This is actually one of the better dubstep tracks used in ads. But it's hard to believe there can still be anything hip or underground about a musical genre that has now been used to sell $10 Dickies to the suburban youth of America. Agency: Draftfcb, Chicago.
- 8 Media Buzzwords That We've Lost Forever
- The iPhone 6 Should Make Mobile Ads a Bigger Deal
- Ad of the Day: Guinness Africa Thrillingly Celebrates Being 'Made of Black'
- Jeff Bridges Salutes the Dude's Favorite Beverage in Short Film for Kahlúa
- From Moscow to Mumbai, These Agencies Make Today's Best Campaigns