The show, which Bravo is dubbing a ‘real-time dating docu-series,’ follows a group of New York singles searching for romance. The online hub that the network created for the show will allow fans to engage directly with cast members and give them the power to potentially impact the dating choices the show’s cast members make.
“’The Singles Project’ allows fans to interact with cast members and potentially affect the on-air story in ways that have never been done before through social media,” Lisa Hsia, EVP Digital, Bravo and Oxygen Media tells Lost Remote. “We’re breaking the fourth wall that separates cast members from fans. From chiming in on the Singles’ date outfits to identifying potential matches for the show – the possibilities for viewer interaction are limitless.
The online hub includes facts about cast members, biographical information, and details about the dates to complement the linear broadcast. The network’s participation TV platform, Play Live, will allow fans to comment on dater outfits and chemistry and participate in polls.
Here are more details about the social activations Bravo is rolling out for the show:
– Highlights (landing page) – Featuring what’s hot that week or what’s trending that day to help keep viewers “in the know” at all times. Real-time fan engagement on social media will be featured here during each show with cast member responses. Will they take the viewers’ advice on whom to date or whom to dump? The sky is the limit with interaction.
– The Singles: A cast-member specific page that will include dater bios, background information, videos and photos. Fans will have the ability to communicate with their favorite cast members here directly, offering up words of advice, opinions on their dates and more.
– Connect: This page will serve as the go-to destination for live chats, after-shows, and the access point for Play Live.
– “The Morning After” social Q&As: Bravo will host live Twitter Q&A’s the day after each episode for fans to connect directly with cast members to dish about all of the juicy details of that week’s date.
– “15 second flirt”: Fans have a chance to catch the eye of our ‘Singles’ with short social videos, for a chance to appear on the show. Fans will strut their stuff for the cast and even for other fans – if someone strikes a cast members’ fancy, they may end up on the show.