We are a month into the eighth season of ‘Nuestra Belleza Latina’ – Univision’s hit reality beauty competition show – and the impressive ratings continue to make Univision a top 10 network among the important adults 18-34 and 18-49 demographics.
On the social TV front, Nuestra Belleza Latina set a milestone on Friday, becoming the first TV show (in English and Spanish) to top Facebook’s weekly buzz rankings.
According to Facebook, “[t]he rankings are based on both frequency and momentum: the Facebook conversations that not only got a lot of buzz during the week, but also saw a notable increase compared with the previous week.”
Here are the Facebook buzz rankings for March 23-26:
1. Univision’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina” beauty competition heats up
2. R.I.P. Dave Brockie, lead vocalist for metal band “GWAR ”
3. FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid in “El Clasico” match
4. Deadly mudslide in Washington State
5. AMC’s “The Walking Dead” and buzz about “Terminus”
6. Michael Vick and impending NY Jets quarterback controversy
7. Hobby Lobby U.S. Supreme Court case
8. Draya Michele gives “Basketball Wives” co-star Sundy Carter a black eye
9. NBA’s Indiana Pacers edge out the Miami Heat 84-83
10. NCAA college basketball tournament heads into the “Sweet 16” regional semifinals