According to our analytics partner Canvs, which measures Twitter sentiment, 10% of the emotional reactions included the word “worst” and 7% included “weird.” Still, the overwhelming majority of fans were excited for the Peter and Homer meet-up: 37% of reactions included “amazing” while 22% included “funny.” For such devoted fan bases it is surprising that only 36% of the 77,944 total tweets about the episode contained sentiment.
Below, some more insights from Canvs on what drove the Twitter conversation, followed by an infographic:
Overall, fans of both shows seemed to love the crossover episode. The top moments of the show:
- “Excited” spiked from 9:00-9:05 as the episode began
- “Weird” spiked from 9:30-9:35 when Homer and Peter donned cutoffs and heels for a car wash.
- “Amazing” spiked from 10:00-10:05 as fans evaluated the episode.
Peter and Homer were by far the most mentioned characters, so we used the bottom of the graphic to represent how the audience felt about them.
- Peter was mentioned in 7% of reactions
- Homer was mentioned in 6.5% of reactions
- Stewie came in third with 2.1% of reactions