Increasingly, social TV and music are mingling. Last week, we wrote about Bravo’s partnership this season with Spotify, and on Tuesday, the music network REVOLT debuted the redesigned www.revolt.tv. The site provides a cross-platform music experience that combines social media with linear TV initiatives and digital news. Amazingly, the site was “designed and coded in just under eight weeks,” by Brooklyn-based digital agency Huge (who will be on a panel at Lost Remote’s LA event taking place on 12/13).
“With revolt.tv we’ve created an immersive experience for music sharing and discovery that focuses on social media and user interaction rather than programming alone,” said Keith Clinkscales, chief executive officer of REVOLT. “Similar to the network, revolt.tv is living in ‘perpetual beta’—always improving for an evolving brand and advertising experience. REVOLT is partnering with select brands and is excited about creating special advertising content for brands on the channel.”
“Working on REVOLT’s site was an incredible opportunity to design an experience that was social first and available on every screen,” said Conor Brady, chief creative officer at Huge. “It was a very rewarding experience to work so closely with the team at REVOLT on this challenge and we feel that together we’ve built a unique experience that compliments REVOLT’s vision for the future and will change the way people find and watch music and TV.”
The site is trying to capitalize on a generation that is continuing to blur the lines between defined first and second screens. By combining news, music videos, video programming, and real-time social media conversations, the project might just succeed in doing that. Key features of the site include:
- Social-inspired REVOLT feed: Real-time feed that integrates news, music videos, programming clips, social media updates and advertising
- Responsive design: Scaling across all screens for on-the-go consumption
- True multimedia experience: Always-on mini viewer allows TV Everywhere authenticated viewers to never stop watching the live network while consuming site content, exploring articles and participating in conversation.
- Multi-platform engagement: REVOLT-curated conversations with fans and artists move between the site, broadcast network and social media as REVOLT engages the audience from all platforms.
- Non-traditional advertising integration: Non-traditional ad units, integrating advertisers into the news consumption experience
- Profiles: Ability to create a profile and have it build as you consume music videos and news