“In a first for a television news program, CROSSFIRE will offer viewer voting using Poptip technology that tallies votes of CROSSFIRE’s daily debate question,” according to CNN. Here are the details on how the network continues to innovate the multi-screen experience for TV news.
While there’s no presidential election this year, current events are once again proving more controversial than ever. CNN is making debating these issues on TV more social than ever. Last night users were able to participate in a debate on CROSSFIRE. Here are the details from the network.
User were able to, ” join in the debate with hosts Newt Gingrich and Stephanie Cutter and guests Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ), by voting on whether Congress should approve the president’s plan to strike Syria.” User results aired during the program.
- The first edition of CROSSFIRE debuted yesterday at 6:30p.m. ET, immediately following The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, which will aired at 6:00p.m. ET with Wolf Blitzer’s interview with President Barack Obama.
- On CNN.com/Crossfire, viewers can join the conversation and follow along in the live blog powered by Scribble Live, which will feature highlights from the debate on social media, plus addition videos, articles, images and real-time highlights from the show.
- Gearing up for Monday’s premiere, the CROSSFIRE hosts have also released exclusive opinion pieces at CNN.com/Opinion.
- The web site and live blog are both optimized for desktop and mobile. Viewers can watch clips from the show and learn more about CROSSFIRE in a special new CROSSFIRE section of the CNN apps for iPhone, iPad, Android phones, and the BlackBerry Z10 and the BlackBerry Q10.
- Each day of launch week, GetGlue users can check in and share to their social networking sites that they are watching the return of CROSSFIRE. Once checked in, users can unlock limited-edition premiere stickers. The custom sticker set features an exclusive premiere sticker and five individual host stickers.
- Follow and interact with the show on the official CROSSFIRE accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram