The 27th annual ‘Premio Lo Nuestro’ is tonight, one of Univision’s biggest telecasts of the year, and the network continues to raise the social media bar.
More than ever, Facebook (including Instagram) is making a play to capture a larger share of awards show chatter. Below, what Univision will be doing on social throughout tonight’s show:
- For the first time at a music award show, Univision and Facebook have teamed up to allow celebrities to connect with fans directly from the arrivals carpet. Viewers watching the live pre-show will be able to catch some of their favorite stars respond to questions right on-air. Fans can post their questions to the Premio Lo Nuestro Facebook pageand stars will record video responses at the Facebook station right on the carpet, where it will be quickly posted on Facebook and select responses will be featured during the award show. Keep an eye on the Premio Lo Nuestro Facebook page throughout the evening for exclusive content from the carpet.
- Stars will be photographed by famed celebrity portrait photographer Omar Cruz (@OmarCruzPhoto) for unique Instagram portraits that will be featured throughout the night on @UnivisionPremios.
- Prince Royce fans, or roycenaticas, using the hashtag #StuckonRoyce, can share video of the themselves dancing to the song ‘Stuck on a Feeling,’ invite (tag) others to dance along and upload a video to Instagram and Twitter in the days leading up to the show.
- Twitter mirror will make an appearance on the carpet where celebrities will be able to share exclusive, autographed selfies and fashion GIFs via @PremioLoNuestro
- “Premio Lo Nuestro” will pay tribute to the late great comedic genius Roberto Gómez Bolaños, better known as Chespirito. Prior to the show, fans are invited to upload a pic with the hashtag #ChespiritoFueUnBuenHombre on their favorite social media platform for the opportunity to be featured live on-air along with talent who will be part of this special acknowledgement.
- T-Mobile will activate the show’s Social Media Wall bringing viewers backstage to El Lounge T-Mobile with the latest on what’s trending and who’s tweeting about the show. T-Mobile will once again engage with viewers on second screens via all T-Mobile Latino social channels and collaborate with Hispanic viners to create relevant social media content during the award show.
- Fans can join the conversation on Twitter via @PremioLoNuestro and by using the hashtag #PremioLoNuestro, as well as share their favorite content and comment along with others on Facebook.com/PremioLoNuestro and UnivisionPremios on Instagram.