The Wellcome Book Prize shortlist has been revealed. Joan Bakewell, The Chair of Judges, revealed the nominees which were selected by a committee of authors, journalists and academics.
Six books, including memoirs, fiction and non-fiction, were selected. “The shortlist reflects what has moved and inspired us most about books that deal with intimate and often complex matters of the human body and human experience,” stated Bakewell. “Each one has found its way not just onto the shortlist, but into our hearts.”
We’ve got the list after the jump.
Wellcome Book Prize Shortlist 2016
- Playthings by Alex Pheby
- It’s All in Your Head by Suzanne O’Sullivan
- The Last Act of Love by Cathy Rentzenbrink
- Neurotribes by Steve Silberman
- Signs for Lost Children by Sarah Moss
- The Outrun by Amy Liptrot
The winner of this year’s prize will be announced on April 25.The award includes £30 000 in prize money.