In our top story of February 2010, Macmillan took the eBook price fight public with a full page ad in The New York Times that read: “Available at booksellers everywhere except Amazon.” Click the image to enlarge.
Instead of doing our traditional year-in-review post, we’ve decided to collect the ten most popular stories on GalleyCat each month–sharing the stories that mattered most to our readers. Looking back at these headlines, we can see the hopes, fears, and distractions that obsessed the publishing industry in 2010.
1. Macmillan NYT Ad: “Available at booksellers everywhere except Amazon”
2. Hachette Book Group to Transition to Agency Model
3. Bud Light Super Bowl Ad Offends Book Clubs, Literary Bloggers, and Readers
4. Best Book Reviewers on Twitter
5. Rachel Maddow Book Delayed
6. Books in a Cigarette Pack
7. Tina Brown’s Unorthodox eBook-First Strategy
8. How to Find an Agent for Your Nonfiction Book
9. The Novels of Amy Bishop, University of Alabama Shooting Suspect
10. Please, Fire Me!