The shortlist for the 2004 Diagram Oddest Title of the Year Prize has been announced and it’s “your responsibility to select a worthy successor to the original Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice, the 1986 classic Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality, and 1992’s sublime How To Avoid Huge Ships.” Vote for your favorite from 2004’s list at thebookseller.com.
This year’s nominees include:
- Applications of High Tech Squids (VCH Verlagsgesellschaft, submitted by Jon O’Grady of Burnaby Public Library in Canada)
- The Aesthetics of the Japanese Lunchbox (MIT Press, entered by Jon Woolcott of Ottakar’s)
- Bombproof Your Horse (J A Allen, submitted by David Evans of Ottakar’s)
- Detecting Foreign Bodies in Food (submitted by its publisher, Martin Woodhead of Woodhead Publishing)
- Equids in Time and Space (entered by its publisher, Eleanor Hooker of Oxbow Books)
- Sexual Health at Your Fingertips (entered by its publisher, Richard Warner of Class Publishing)