Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels leads the Self-published Bestsellers List this week for the third week in a row.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 30, 2014
1. Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels: “Wedding hookups never amount to anything. Those who partake in this wicked little activity know the rules. Get in. Get laid. Get out. There’s no expectation of a relationship. It is what it is. Dylan Sparks knows the rules. She’s familiar with the protocol. And she engages in the best sex of her life with a complete stranger at her ex-boyfriend’s wedding.”
2. Rhett by J.S. Cooper: “I’m Rhett. I’m cocky because I can be. I’ve got it all: the looks, the money, the endurance. I’m the guy that every girl wants to be with, yet none of them have ever been able to tie me down. I don’t do love. I don’t do relationships. And I sure as hell will never do marriage.”
3. The Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige: “All three books of the NY Times Bestselling Fixed Trilogy are included in this bundle.”
4. Never Go Home by L.T. Ryan: “London, England. An attempted assassination goes awry, leaving multiple people wounded or dead. Jack Noble finds himself in the middle. Now the high-profile politician who was targeted wants him even closer. Crystal River, Florida. The brother Jack hasn’t seen in over six years calls. The news is bad and Jack has to break the vow he made to never go home.”
5. VAIN (The VAIN Series Book 1) by Deborah Bladon: “Sex.That’s all Noah Foster wanted when Alexa Jackson showed up at his apartment. After returning from a semester in Paris, Alexa is back in her hometown of Boston and looking for anything but the drama that surrounds Noah. He’s intense, gifted, famous and a bastard through and through.”
6. The Avoiding Series by K.A. Linde: “Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After 2 years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he’s ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can’t believe it. Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as she relives her past relationship, or lack thereof, with Jack, and not just in her own mind, but to his fiance-to-be. Throw in Bekah’s hot brother who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, a past with more secrets to unravel than you can even imagine, and you get a recipe for disaster.”
7. Down and Dirty By Sami Lee, Lexxie Couper, Jess Dee & Rhian Cahill: “Pleasure intensified. Desire multiplied.”
8. Laguna Heat by T. Jefferson Parker: “In beautiful Laguna Beach, California, a young detective must investigate a series of murders that lead him into his own frightening past. Learning the truth is hard enough, deciding what to do with that truth will be even harder.”
9. Where I Belong (Alabama Summer Book 1) by J. Daniels: “When Mia Corelli returns to Alabama for a summer of fun with her childhood best friend, Tessa, there’s only one thing keeping her on edge. One person that she’d do anything to avoid. Benjamin Kelly. World’s biggest dickhead.”
10. The Last Honest Seamstress by Gina Robinson: “Seattle in 1889 is a hard frontier town full of rough men and prostitutes who call themselves seamstresses. SHE NEEDS A HUSBAND… After too many business setbacks and unwanted marriage proposals, beautiful and ambitious Fayth Sheridan, a seamstress who actually sews for a living, desperately needs to find a husband of convenience. Now if she can only convince handsome sea captain Con O’Neill, the one man in Seattle who’s shown no interest in her, that he’s the one…”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 30, 2014