Some Sort of Love: A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow continues to lead the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top e-books in two major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of February 17, 2016
1. Some Sort of Love: A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow: “You might think I had it all—a career I loved, a supportive family, the Nixon metabolism but not the Nixon ears, and a salary that supported my lavish taste in designer shoes, fine wine, and lacy lingerie … but I had no one to share it with.”
2. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest: “On the evening of Sofia Claremont’s seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.”
3. RoomHate by Penelope Ward: “Sharing a summer house with a hot-as-hell roommate should be a dream come true, right? Not when it’s Justin…the only person I’d ever loved…who now hates me. When my grandmother died and left me half of the house on Aquidneck Island, there was a catch: the other half would go to the boy she helped raise.”
4. Guarding His Obsession by Alexa Riley: “When Drake Hart’s security team is hired to find a stalker, he has no idea what’s in store for him. However, the day Zoey Lewis’ picture lands in his lap, there’s nothing he won’t do to save her. He’s always been quiet and shy, but seeing her changes everything.”
5. A Shade of Vampire 2: A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest: “Having been delighted by the bestselling debut, A Shade of Vampire, readers are begging for more. In A Shade of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…”
6. A Shade of Vampire 3: A Castle of Sand by Bella Forrest: “What Sofia has with Derek feels like a sandcastle; temporary and something that the waves of life and time will soon ruin…Since the return of Gregor Novak, the island has turned several shades darker. His hatred toward Sofia and thirst for fresh blood lead to a brutal war igniting between father and son.”
7. Trailer Park Virgin by Alexa Riley: “A step-dad and a stepbrother hook up with their virgin stepdaughter/stepsister. The dad and son don’t mingle. They just take turns with the heroine. Friend to friend, this book is filthy.”
8. A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light by Bella Forrest: “Since the implosion at The Oasis and Derek’s stay at Hawk Headquarters, The Shade has fallen into a state of utter chaos. To make matters worse, the citizens of Derek’s kingdom have become suspicious of his loyalties and accuse him of siding with the enemy… At a time when Derek desperately needs full cooperation from his subjects, they wish to put their own King on trial.”
9. Wrong: A Bad Boy Romance by Katherine Lace: “Wrong? Hell yeah, it’s wrong. Wise guys never live by the rules, but there’s one you don’t break. I’m not a damn bit sorry. I’m done with one-night stands. I need a family to call my own. A wife. A kid.”
10. A Shade of Vampire 5: A Blaze of Sun by Bella Forrest: “Ever since his brief encounter with Emilia at The Shade, Derek’s thoughts and dreams have been haunted with images of the mysterious, beautiful brunette. Plagued with guilt, he struggles to understand why he is so drawn to this dark stranger from his past.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of February 17, 2016