A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest continues to lead the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top e-books in two major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of February 10, 2016
1. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest: “On the evening of Sofia Claremont’s seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.”
2. PS…You’re Mine by Alexa Riley: “Katie Lovely signs up her class for a project, writing letters to Marines serving overseas, but a calculation error means she has to participate along with the class. She isn’t prepared for what happens after she gets the first letter.”
3. Broken Wings by Abigail Graham: “Ten years ago, I had the perfect life. A happy family, a loving boyfriend, a bright future. Then the accident took everything away. I woke up broken and scarred, my family destroyed. My boyfriend, Jack, gone.”
4. A Shade of Vampire 2: A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest: “Having been delighted by the bestselling debut, A Shade of Vampire, readers are begging for more. In A Shade of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…”
5. A Shade of Vampire 3: A Castle of Sand by Bella Forrest: “What Sofia has with Derek feels like a sandcastle; temporary and something that the waves of life and time will soon ruin…Since the return of Gregor Novak, the island has turned several shades darker. His hatred toward Sofia and thirst for fresh blood lead to a brutal war igniting between father and son.”
6. Hold by Cora Brent: “They all said we were trash and would end up dead or in prison.
They were wrong. The three of us brothers endured hell together and somehow climbed out battle-scarred but whole.”
7. Vacation by Claire Adams: “Vivian Hall is soon to graduate from NYU, and she can’t wait. After being dumped by her long-term boyfriend, she’s looking forward to moving on with her life. Her best friend wants to have one more spring break trip, and though the circumstances aren’t at all ideal, Viv agrees.”
8. No More Secrets by Lucy Score: “In the small town of Blue Moon Bend, where everybody is a matchmaker, Carter wants to be left alone to tend the family farm. After returning from Afghanistan with scars, his only goal is recovery. He doesn’t need any distractions, and definitely not one with silver-blonde hair and lips that beg to be kissed.”
9. Wrong: A Bad Boy Romance by Katherine Lace: “Wrong? Hell yeah, it’s wrong. Wise guys never live by the rules, but there’s one you don’t break. I’m not a damn bit sorry. I’m done with one-night stands. I need a family to call my own. A wife. A kid.”
10. The Baller: A Down and Dirty Football Novel by Vi Keeland: “The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room. It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster. The famed quarterback decided to bare all. And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of February 10, 2016