Rebel: A Stepbrother Romance by Kim Linwood leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 27, 2015
1. Rebel: A Stepbrother Romance by Kim Linwood: “I married my stepbrother. Yeah, no one’s more surprised than me. I can’t fucking stand him. All I wanted was a quiet summer before starting college. Catch up on my books.”
2. Knocked Up by the Bad Boy by Vanessa Waltz: “The only settling down I do is at night, when I take a girl home to f*ck. I get laid to unwind from the chaos in my life. I live to hear them scream my name, but one night is all they get.”
3. Blue Moon Brides Boxed Set: Books 1-3: “This boxed set includes the first three Blue Moon Brides books: TEMPTED BY THE PACK, PLEASURED BY THE PACK and CLAIMED BY THE PACK. Once in a blue moon… the Pack hunts for mates.”
4. Insatiable by J.D. Hawkins: “It’s not cocky when you’ve got the goods to back it up. Lust-maker. Pleasure giver. Fantasy creator. I can blow your mind in five seconds flat — but trust me, you’ll want this to last all night.”
5. Insatiable 2 by J.D. Hawkins: “It was supposed to be simple: I teach her a crash course in pleasure. No commitment. No strings. Now she’s found the perfect guy — and it’s not me. I should move on, but I need her. And I never back down from a fight.”
6. The Other Man by R.K. Lilley: “He was brazen as hell from the moment I laid eyes on him. He was aggressive, and dominant, with Mack truck arms, and a bar brawler voice.
He was too good looking for his own good, with a hard jaw, and harder eyes.
I’d always led a fairly peaceful life, but even I could tell at a glance that this man was dangerous. For so many reasons.”
7. Viper’s Defiant Mate: Sarafin Warriors Book 2 by S.E. Smith: “Prince Viper d’Rojah, a warrior from the Sarafin cat shifter species, is not happy when he is sent on a special mission by his older brother Vox, King of the Sarafin. The mission is to deliver important documents to the human authorities before kidnapping the sister and grandmother of Vox’s mate, Riley.”
8. Bridenapped: The Alpha Chronicles by Georgette St. Clair: “Bridenapping? That old tradition where the Alpha grabs the bride of his choice and takes her back to his pack’s property to submit to his lustful demands? That’s so 19th century.”
9. PUCKED by Helen Hunting: “With a famous NHL player for a stepbrother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation of many a hockey star. So of course she isn’t interested in legendary team captain Alex Waters or his pretty, beat-up face and rock-hard six-pack abs. When Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet’s misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes much more than just a hot body with the face to match.”
10. Love, Laughter, and Steamy Ever Afters: “From the hot big city heroes that make us melt, to the sassy small town heroines that make us smile, this limited edition collection has something for everyone. Ten sexy and sweet full-length novels—a wide mix of fun, heart-tugging, addictively romantic love stories—each handpicked by an all-star gathering of ten of today’s most popular contemporary romance authors.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 27, 2015