Pinterest is now the third most popular social network in the United States, competing with Facebook and Twitter after some amazing growth.
Writers and publishers should pay attention to this new network. Check out our Pinterest Tips for Writers post for guidance. To give you some inspiration, we’ve collected some inspiring literary Pinterest boards below–ranging from book-related nonprofits to scenery inspiration to book club ideas.
Social Times staff writer Devon Glenn also talked about the news on the Morning Media Menu this morning.
10 Literary Boards on Pinterest
1. I’d rather be reading: Pretty self-explanatory.
2. Do Good with Goodreads: Let’s help others experience the joy of curling up with a good book. Each month Goodreads highlights a different charitable foundation that promotes education and literacy.
3. The Writer’s Life: comedy & inspiration
4. All Things Baby-sitters Club: A tribute to one of our favorite YA series.
5. From the Page to the Plate: A dessert party inspired by Anna Quindlen’s memoir LOTS OF CANDLES, PLENTY OF CAKE.
6. DIY: a collection of do-it-yourself literary projects
7. Bags We Love: A collection of bookstore and literary tote bags, curated by Julie Blattberg.
8. Book Club Entertaining: Food and party ideas for your next book club.
9. Poetry Month: “April is the cruelest month…” Inspired by National Poetry Month, and the poetry that surrounds us.
10. Scenery inspiration from Shiloh Walker: All images pinned with permission from the photographer Trey Ratliff.
If you are looking for more examples, check out our Pinterest Boards for Book Lovers post.