To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of November 5th, 2013
1. Jake Undone by Penelope Ward: “Nina Kennedy was alive…but not living…until she met him. Planes, trains, heights…you name it, Nina was afraid of it and led a sheltered life ruled by irrational fears and phobias.”
2. How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) by Ruth Soukup: “Whether you’ve been blogging for years or just weeks, How to Blog For Profit offers solid guidance for writing great content, creating compelling images, capturing viral growth, and maximizing revenue. It is an invaluable tool for experienced and novice bloggers alike, explaining not only what it takes to create an authentic, successful, and profitable blog, but how to get there.”
3. Night Owl by M. Pierce: “At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers — all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce.”
4. Truce (Neighbor from Hell) by R.L. Mathewson: “Elizabeth knows what’s expected of her, perfection. She’s the daughter of an Earl and expected to marry well, say and do the right things with a smile on her face when inside she’s dying for a chance to escape. Thanks to an inheritance her godmother left her years ago, her chance will come with her next birthday. Her hopes of escape abruptly end when Robert, her childhood nemesis that she hasn’t seen in over fourteen years, comes back into her life and does everything he can to drive her out of her mind even as he steals her heart.”
5. Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M. Cameron: “When Rory Clarke ends up hiring the guy she spent one steamy night with to be her administrative assistant, she’s determined to keep things professional.”
6. Treasure Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, was never in love until she met the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god, Jett. The man to whom she surrendered. The man who hurt her once only to conquer her heart again. Sexy, handsome, and arrogant Jett Mayfield knows he has found his match. Brooke is like no other woman he’s ever met and he has every intention of keeping her in his bed.”
7. Gemini by Penelope Ward: “Diner waitress Allison Abraham had no idea her mundane life was about to dramatically change the day she serves a devastatingly handsome customer. Allison is immediately captivated by the mysterious man who stared through her soul with his electric blue eyes. After he abruptly leaves the restaurant, she can’t get him out of her head.”
8. The Billionaire Playboy (The Sherbrookes of Newport Book 2) by Christina Tetreault: “She’s spent her life avoiding love. Captain Charlotte “Charlie” O’Brien, a doctor in the United States Navy, returns to her home in North Salem, Massachusetts to visit her family and make an important decision about her future. Mother Nature has other plans when a hurricane strikes, flooding the town and throwing Jake Sherbrooke in Charlie’s path. Initially she believes Jake is nothing more than a rich playboy, but quickly, she learns that he is so much more.”
9. Sweet Home by Tillie Cole: “when Molly leaves England’s grey skies behind to start a new life at the University of Alabama, she finds that she has a lot to learn—she didn’t know a summer could be so hot and she certainly didn’t know just how much the folks of Alabama love their football.”
10. A Shade Of Vampire by Bella Forrest: “On the evening of Sofia Claremont’s 17th birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of November 5, 2013
These eBook lists were recorded on November 5, 2013.
1. Nine Goblins by T Kingfisher
2. Splendiferous by Patrick Harding
3. Descendants of Salem by Dr. Shestine Gesbocker
4. Touring Under Pressure by Vincent Berg
5. Returning My Sister’s Face and Other Far Eastern Tales of Whimsy and Malice by Eugie Foster
6. True Nature by Jae
7. Stories for Amanda by Kelly Elliott, Kahlen Aymes,Michelle A. Valentine, Jessica Prince, Karina Halle, Nina Lane,Madeline Sheehan, Karen Avivi, Alexa Nazzaro, & Raine Miller
8. Space Eldritch II: Haunted Stars by Nathan Shumate
9. Butterflies in Honey by K.F. Breene
10. Mortal Clay, Stone Heart and Other Stories in Shades of Black and White by Eugie Foster
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. The Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.