For your weekend reading pleasure, here are our top stories of the week, including how to sell your self-published book in bookstores, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s bankruptcy filing and Neil Gaiman’s inspiring commencement address (embedded above).
Click here to sign up for GalleyCat’s daily email newsletter, getting all our publishing stories, book deal news, videos, podcasts, interviews, and writing advice in one place.
1. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Files for Bankruptcy
2. Hogwarts Library Box Set Coming from J.K. Rowling
3. The Lost History of Fifty Shades of Grey
4. Neil Gaiman Shares ‘Secret Freelancer Knowledge’
5. 50 Shades of Grey Sales Bump: INFOGRAPHIC
6. How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores
7. Researcher Suggests Ratings System for YA Books
8. Don’t Let the Writing Life Kill You
9. Self-Published Nutritionist Inks 7-Figure Book Deal
10. Jennifer Egan to Publish Sci-Fi Story on Twitter