Maude by Donna Mabry returns to the top of the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 11, 2015
1. Maude by Donna Mabry: “In 1906, I was barely over fourteen years old, and it was my wedding day. My older sister, Helen, came to my room, took me by the hand, and sat me down on the bed. She opened her mouth to say something, but then her face flushed, and she turned her head to look out the window. After a second, she squeezed my hand and looked back in my eyes.”
2. Married to the Bad Boy by Vanessa Waltz: “I’m a player. A man whore. Whatever the hell you want to call it, I get around. During the day I crack heads and extort businesses. At night I find girls to f*ck. I live to hear them moan for me, but one night is all they get. No one ever made me want more.”
3. Falling for My Best Friend’s Brother by J.S. Cooper: “He’s devastatingly handsome, sexy, arrogant and he’s out of reach. He’s my best friend’s brother and the one man I can’t have. However, now that my best friend Liv is getting married, I’m seeing him more than ever.”
4. The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott: “Emily McCarthy is living in fear of a dark and dangerous past. A gifted mathematician, she is little more than a hollow, broken shell, trying desperately to make ends meet long enough to finish her degree.”
5. Beneath This Ink by Meghan March: “I’ve always known she was too good for me, but that never stopped me from wanting her. And then I finally had her for one night. A night I don’t remember. I figured I’d blown my shot.”
6. The Beauty Series by Skye Warren: “Erin cleans Mr. Morris’s house twice a week to pay for college. She soaks up every moment with the man she secretly loves–until she interrupts a private moment. He’s moaning her name, and she refuses to hide her feelings any longer.”
7. Given to the Pack by Abby Weeks: “This book tells the story of Aisha, a curvy girl who is traumatically abused and humiliated by her boyfriend, Heath. He makes her believe that she is fat and ugly. When she moves to Alaska, she learns that there are men in the forest who can shift into wolves.”
8. Departure by A.G. Riddle: “Harper Lane has problems. In a few hours, she’ll have to make a decision that will change her life forever. But when her flight from New York to London crash-lands in the English countryside, she discovers that she’s made of tougher stuff than she ever imagined.”
9. The Interview J.C. Reed: “Laurie Hanson is living a lie and lying about her life. Trying to run away from her stepfather’s control, she is determined to make a new start, wanting nothing from the life she had lived before, except the letters from her mother.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 11, 2015