As we head home for the weekend, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of publishing headlines to keep you busy. Here are the most popular headlines of the last week, ranging from layoffs at Powell’s Books to Lord of the Rings rewrites.
Email GalleyCat to get all our publishing stories, book deal news, videos, podcasts, interviews, and writing advice in a daily email newsletter.
1. Powell’s Books Lays Off 31 Employees
2. Visual Thesaurus for Writers
3. Fan Translates 139,000-Word Russian Rewrite of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
4. Read a Book for Ten Minutes & Save Publishing
5. Rachel Cohn Lands Four Book Deal
6. Word & Phrase Frequency Counter for Writers
7. Graphic Novel Recasts Humpty Dumpty as a Horror Story
8. Luc Carl Lands Book Deal for The Drunk Diet
9. Kindle eBooks Will Add Page Numbers
10. Nook on One-Day Sale for $80