To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 12, 2012
1. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen: “Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.”
2. The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders: “All Alessandro de Lucci wants from his wife is a son but after a year and a half of unhappiness and disillusionment, all Theresa de Lucci wants from her ice cold husband is a divorce.”
3. All In by Raine Miller: “Ethan Blackstone has problems. He’s broken the trust of the woman he loves and she’s left him because of it. Ethan isn’t giving up though–he’s determined to get his beautiful American girl back. Their passion together was explosive, but their secrets are even darker and more frightening.”
4. Fade into You by Kate Dawes: “Olivia Rowland leaves her Midwestern life behind after graduating from college and heads off to Los Angeles to work for a Hollywood talent agent. Life in L.A. is a culture shock, but nothing compared to the jolt she gets when Max enters her life.”
5. The Perfect Game by J. Sterling: “the story of college juniors, Cassie Andrews & Jack Carter. When Cassie meets rising baseball hopeful Jack, she is determined to steer clear of him and his typical cocky attitude.”
6. Fade Into Me by Kate Dawes: “I’d never let my walls down that much, never shared such intimacy with someone before. It was as close to perfection as I’d ever been. And I discovered nothing comes without risk…”
7. Fade into Always by Kate Dawes: “Olivia and Max seem to be on a path to having everything they both desire—an unbreakable union above all. But in this conclusion to the FADE series, they will face some of the toughest challenges neither of them could have imagined.”
8. Down to You by M. Leighton: “Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him.”
9. Checkmate (A Neighbor from Hell) by R.L. Mathewson: “There’s nothing worse than living next door to your childhood nemesis, except maybe being forced to share your dream project with him, being blackmailed into going along with something that was just wrong on so many levels, and having your hot cocoa stolen by the person that drove you to drink it in the first place.”
10. Naked by Raine Miller: “An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, Brynne Bennett’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 12, 2012
1. All In by Raine Miller
2. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
3. Tidewater by Antoinette Stockenberg
4. LOSING IT by Cora Carmack
5. Don’t Say a Word by Barbara Freethy
6. Longing for Love by Marie Force
7. Charade by Nyrae Dawn
8. Emily’s Ghost by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. Down to You by M. Leighton
10. His Every Defense by Kelly Favor
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 12, 2012
1. Space Eldritch by Nathan Shumate
2. Something in the Wine by Jae
3. Kiss of Love by Jillian Holmes
4. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, November 12, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)